The Student Room Group

Second Degree Part time/Childcare

Hello,

Generally query regarding part time study and childcare costs, following situation;

I already have a degree and a masters degree ,

I am applying to study a part time degree (that meets the exception rule) in person as near to full time equivelancy as poss. However, I have a baby and need childcare to go into uni to attend classes etc.

As I have read, part time maintenance would not include any childcare, is that correct?

How does a part time degree work if you study at the highest intensity and not recieve any support towards childcare? I was planning to get a part time job to help towards costs but this would not cover £1,000 a month in childcare.

Universal credit wont help towards childcare as im classed as a part time student. My partner recieves slightly over the threshold to get any contribution either , after bills etc its not enough to support me/us.

How do people do this ?

Also , would funding for a MSc Psychology degree be covered by part time tuition fee based on i have a masters already?

Original post by Lmfletcher19
Hello,

Generally query regarding part time study and childcare costs, following situation;

I already have a degree and a masters degree ,

I am applying to study a part time degree (that meets the exception rule) in person as near to full time equivelancy as poss. However, I have a baby and need childcare to go into uni to attend classes etc.

As I have read, part time maintenance would not include any childcare, is that correct?

How does a part time degree work if you study at the highest intensity and not recieve any support towards childcare? I was planning to get a part time job to help towards costs but this would not cover £1,000 a month in childcare.

Universal credit wont help towards childcare as im classed as a part time student. My partner recieves slightly over the threshold to get any contribution either , after bills etc its not enough to support me/us.

How do people do this ?

Also , would funding for a MSc Psychology degree be covered by part time tuition fee based on i have a masters already?

Hi there, If you are studying part time then you wouldn't be able to apply for Childcare Grant as this is only awarded against full time applications. When is your course due to start? Thanks, Karen
Original post by SFE Karen
Hi there, If you are studying part time then you wouldn't be able to apply for Childcare Grant as this is only awarded against full time applications. When is your course due to start? Thanks, Karen

it starts in sept 2023
Original post by Lmfletcher19
it starts in sept 2023

Our Postgraduate Loan applications launch around Summer 2023. Once they have launched you can submit an application for the team to review. Once it has been reviewed the team will be in contact with you to confirm your eligibility for funding. Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending