The Student Room Group

oxbridge supercurricular activities

This might be a very silly question do you think partaking in supercurricular activities that are provided by cambridge (e.g masterclasses, summer schools) might not sit well with oxford? could it ruin your chances at all? I might be overthinking it.
Original post by Anonymous
This might be a very silly question do you think partaking in supercurricular activities that are provided by cambridge (e.g masterclasses, summer schools) might not sit well with oxford? could it ruin your chances at all? I might be overthinking it.

Your last sentence is probably right.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by mqb2766
Your last sentence is probably right.

hope so
hope so

Unless you start it off with something like "my dream is to go to cambridge so I attended a summer school ...", youd be better off concentrating on what you learnt/did rather than being worried about the location.
Original post by mqb2766
Unless you start it off with something like "my dream is to go to cambridge so I attended a summer school ...", youd be better off concentrating on what you learnt/did rather than being worried about the location.

haha, fair enough. yeah sorry, silly question
It doesn't matter in the slightest

I name dropped a University of Sheffield competition and Cambridge summer school in my UCAS personal statement, alongside the name of a different Oxford college to the one I was applying to! None of this was a problem in getting offers/interviews in the slightest, and actually worked in my favour as I was able to explain "why Oxford?" (in comparison with other unis, such as Cambridge) and the super-curricular provided great talking points.

Even Durham gave me an offer, who are famously known for being petty about these things.

Take a look at how many academics at Oxford have degrees from Cambridge and vice versa. They don't care, the 'competition' is much more superficial than that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending