The Student Room Group

Economics Personal Statement

I’m aiming for Oxbridge and top unis and am in Y12. Can anyone recommend any supercurriculars/work experience/competitions that’ll make my application look better? Thank you. And also any general stuff that I could do to look better to unis, e.g books to read, extracurriculars etc
Original post by lili__1
I’m aiming for Oxbridge and top unis and am in Y12. Can anyone recommend any supercurriculars/work experience/competitions that’ll make my application look better? Thank you. And also any general stuff that I could do to look better to unis, e.g books to read, extracurriculars etc

Hello lili__1.The key thing is to have things that you are actively exploring for yourself (rather than things that are laid on for you by school/involve only passive participation from you). So: reading books, obviously good, but did you try to contact the author/academic to ask a follow-up question.l Same with any Economics lectures you've been/listened to. Have you tried to explore a particular area from more than one angle etc., rather than just reading some general books about Economics? This is the standard essay prize competition (summer 2024 for you): https://www.johnlockeinstitute.com/essay-competition Scroll down to Economics. Regardless of whether you win anything, you will be able to talk about your research when you come to write your PS. Best, J
Reply 2
Thank you so much :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending