The Student Room Group

boyfriend talking about other famous women infront of me

Personally i think it just came from a very immature side from him. We both went to this xmas dinner party at his friends house. I barely know anyone there because i’ve only met max 3 times and do not talk to his friends. The boys were taking about famous women and my boyfriend goes on to say how he wanted to start a fight when he knew these famous women got pregnant by their partners, he turned to me and said this is way before I knew you and he said this loudly. I felt disrespected to think he would even bring these things up. And disrespected as a woman that he no longer can gaze upon these women/equate their worth to being pregnant or not. We sorted this out already but I just want to know what your guys opinions are?
Sounds a bit if an overreaction no matter how immature the initial comment. I think you'd need to really WANT to get offended.
Honestly, that's a really weird comment for him to make.
Original post by rosewallsxx
Honestly, that's a really weird comment for him to make.

"I got pretend angry when a celeb became unavailable!" Pretty common tbh and a lot of celebs and their teams play into it, even if it is admittedly a bit naff.
Reply 4
Is this still lingering on from Xmas. I think it’s fine to tell him that that you find this type of quip immature but in mitigation these sorts of social occasions when one side doesn’t know many people often seem to lead to trouble and it probably wasn’t that serious anyway
Original post by Zarek
Is this still lingering on from Xmas. I think it’s fine to tell him that that you find this type of quip immature but in mitigation these sorts of social occasions when one side doesn’t know many people often seem to lead to trouble and it probably wasn’t that serious anyway

nope like i said we have already sorted it out. I’ve seen similar threads where the responses have been mixed so wanted to see what people would respond to in this scenario. To how we sorted it out well when we both got home I just told him how i was upset and he did say i was overreacting because i was crying (i felt overwhelmed that day) but he understood why I was upset
he's a **** and you should dump him
Original post by StriderHort
"I got pretend angry when a celeb became unavailable!" Pretty common tbh and a lot of celebs and their teams play into it, even if it is admittedly a bit naff.

If he'd actually said exactly that, I'd be laughing along - its just the pregnancy part that's crossing the line, in my opinion. But we're all entitled to our own opinions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending