The Student Room Group

Revision

I am currently doing quite badly in my subjects Psychology A LEVEL and media studies A LEVEL, I have my end of year 12 exams or otherwise known as 'HSE' according to some of my teachers. These exams start in a week or so and i know that i wont do great on them but i also would like to start putting in the work for revision now so in the future i can slowly improve my grade to hopefully a B or A. My main confusion is that I don't know what to do and my teachers don't give great advice which leaves me not performing well and not knowing how to perform better. Being completely honest i winged my gcses and got 6's and to this day i am a complete rookie at revision which is starting to daunt on me. If anyone can offer advice on what to do from now I would greatly appreciate that.
Original post by bigK250
I am currently doing quite badly in my subjects Psychology A LEVEL and media studies A LEVEL, I have my end of year 12 exams or otherwise known as 'HSE' according to some of my teachers. These exams start in a week or so and i know that i wont do great on them but i also would like to start putting in the work for revision now so in the future i can slowly improve my grade to hopefully a B or A. My main confusion is that I don't know what to do and my teachers don't give great advice which leaves me not performing well and not knowing how to perform better. Being completely honest i winged my gcses and got 6's and to this day i am a complete rookie at revision which is starting to daunt on me. If anyone can offer advice on what to do from now I would greatly appreciate that.

For psychology, I use PMT for revision, and then just use past papers (textbook and revision guides also help)
Original post by bigK250

Heya!
The best thing you can do right now does your best and do practice questions + go over the mark scheme :h: I would recommend doing past papers in 'exam conditions' and then going through your answers using the mark scheme. Look at why you are losing marks and how you can improve your answers. You could make them into flashcards if it helps!

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Quick Reply

Latest