The Student Room Group

I need some help..

So I really wanna become a model...but I feel super insecure all the time.And I'm starting to take car of my face more and workout more. But i don't know how to try to become a model. My parents recommend modeling for this girl in town that makes bags. But idk what to do. what should I do to try and achieve my dream. Or at least to try to at least try it once?
Original post by Anonymous
So I really wanna become a model...but I feel super insecure all the time.And I'm starting to take car of my face more and workout more. But i don't know how to try to become a model. My parents recommend modeling for this girl in town that makes bags. But idk what to do. what should I do to try and achieve my dream. Or at least to try to at least try it once?

Modelling is less actually about appearance than you might think. Obviously, being healthy and having the right "look" for the brand plays a part, but finding the opportunities in the first place are actually what is more important. As being a "model" is honestly a numbers game, going for as many vacancies as possible.
Networking and experience is EVERYTHING.
Gain any experience you can - therefore I would agree with your parents about modelling for the local girl making bags, as it would be something you can add to your portfolio and also put on your cv. It will also be beneficial for your career, help you build your confidence in front of a camera, whilst also giving you an initial taste of it - it may help you gather whether it is something you would like to peruse further.
Dabbling into acting can really also help, with confidence, facial expressions, another skillset. The main benefit of this is you may be able to attract an agent which could help advance your modelling career.
Getting an agent/ modelling contract if possible would be ideal - be careful, there are alot of scams - they should never request any money from you initally, but rather take a cut from your income as comission - so never give them any money/ they won't ask if they are legit. Getting this intial contract is hard, but the more prior experince you have, i imagine the easier it will be, and more likely they will be to sign you. I will preface, by saying I don't have any specific knowledge or experience in this, but these are just my thoughts which may or may not help.
I wish you the best!
Original post by pips1242
Modelling is less actually about appearance than you might think. Obviously, being healthy and having the right "look" for the brand plays a part, but finding the opportunities in the first place are actually what is more important. As being a "model" is honestly a numbers game, going for as many vacancies as possible.
Networking and experience is EVERYTHING.
Gain any experience you can - therefore I would agree with your parents about modelling for the local girl making bags, as it would be something you can add to your portfolio and also put on your cv. It will also be beneficial for your career, help you build your confidence in front of a camera, whilst also giving you an initial taste of it - it may help you gather whether it is something you would like to peruse further.
Dabbling into acting can really also help, with confidence, facial expressions, another skillset. The main benefit of this is you may be able to attract an agent which could help advance your modelling career.
Getting an agent/ modelling contract if possible would be ideal - be careful, there are alot of scams - they should never request any money from you initally, but rather take a cut from your income as comission - so never give them any money/ they won't ask if they are legit. Getting this intial contract is hard, but the more prior experince you have, i imagine the easier it will be, and more likely they will be to sign you. I will preface, by saying I don't have any specific knowledge or experience in this, but these are just my thoughts which may or may not help.
I wish you the best!

Thank you so much! I will use this to my advantage, although I already was planning on acting, my school doesn't have a drama club
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you so much! I will use this to my advantage, although I already was planning on acting, my school doesn't have a drama club

I would highly recommend it!
If your school doesn't offer it, I would suggest looking at outside clubs. They tend to be better anyway as it is there profession so they tend to more educated on drama overall.
I would also suggest that you spend some time developing your social media, and ensuring your content on there you are happy with, and it would be material that you would be happy to send out for signings
Original post by pips1242
I would highly recommend it!
If your school doesn't offer it, I would suggest looking at outside clubs. They tend to be better anyway as it is there profession so they tend to more educated on drama overall.
I would also suggest that you spend some time developing your social media, and ensuring your content on there you are happy with, and it would be material that you would be happy to send out for signings

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending