The Student Room Group

consistent exam practice = better timings?

consistent exam practice = better or faster timings

since exams is a thinking game.
does the above question apply to all subjects in A-Level?
Original post by McDonaldsEmploy
consistent exam practice = better or faster timings

since exams is a thinking game.
does the above question apply to all subjects in A-Level?

I find the above to be the case for maths and science subjects, which would need memorisation as well as quick thinking.

For more essay based subjects in economics, psychology, business, geography, and English lit, I find more exam practice translates to thinking more about the topics in other angles and hence improve your understanding and comprehension of the subject. It can improve the pace at which you answer your questions, but in terms of timing it would depend on the specific question concerned, since the questions can vary in depth and detail.

I don't know enough about all the arts, but for art as a subject it doesn't help since your skills improve through repetition and experimentation.

Similarly for languages, it's more about repetition and experimentation.
Original post by MindMax2000
I find the above to be the case for maths and science subjects, which would need memorisation as well as quick thinking.

For more essay based subjects in economics, psychology, business, geography, and English lit, I find more exam practice translates to thinking more about the topics in other angles and hence improve your understanding and comprehension of the subject. It can improve the pace at which you answer your questions, but in terms of timing it would depend on the specific question concerned, since the questions can vary in depth and detail.

I don't know enough about all the arts, but for art as a subject it doesn't help since your skills improve through repetition and experimentation.

Similarly for languages, it's more about repetition and experimentation.

excellent answer,

yes its also the closest to recreating the type of thinking you experience in exams - recalling from memory and problem solving.

Quick Reply

Latest