The Student Room Group

Tips on improving Sociology A level grade and English Lit for aqa

i have 57 days till my first exam and im aiming to get an A but im stuck on C's and Tips for sociology an english lit would be helpful or any resources !!!
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 1
hi! i got an A* in my last sociology mock, what worked for me was going through the textbook and making notes of each subheading and sociologist for the exam. for example, paper 1 education: external factors: Howard, Wilkinson, etc and then what they said. this is better than just revising sociologists as you will know then WHERE to apply them.

i also made A3 mind maps for each topic e.g family, media, education, etc

and then i would say if you have any extra time, go through past paper mark schemes and be familiar with the structure they use and the little details they ask for, for example, i lost a few marks just because i didn't explain enough, so always do more than u think u need 😅 hope this helps!!
Original post by unknownnntt
i have 57 days till my first exam and im aiming to get an A but im stuck on C's and Tips for sociology an english lit would be helpful or any resources !!!

ive been consistently getting A*s in both socio and English so I think I’m (kind of haha) qualified to give u some advice. For English, I rlly recommend trying to write ‘model’ essays of your own so like having the criteria, book and any other resources next to u and writing as many ‘perfect’ essays as you can and then trying to reference/ replicate those in any timed practice essays you do. Also, thematic mind maps are rlly good for English. For sociology, flashcards and blurting for the content is what I find most useful and then applying it by doing as many practice essays as possible (before we broke up for Easter I was handing in like 4/5 10 markers a week). If you’re aiming for top band for socio contemporary examples are really valued; read the news and make note of any stories that you think will fit into ur topics etc and link them into theorists from the spec. good luck!
Original post by unknownnntt

also if u do AQA socio the tutor2you videos are decent at summarising topics but I would just use those as a base as they’re quite surface level sometimes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending