The Student Room Group

help on uni decisions

hi, I applied to 5 unis and got offers from all, I plan to go into finance, I want to go down the accountancy route. So far, I applied for Accounting and Finance degrees at Uni of Birmingham (AAA) and uni of loughborough (BBB), Uni of Leeds (AAA) and also have offers for the PWC flying start Accounting degree at uni of reading (BBB) and Uni of Nottingham (ABB), I am not confident in what to firm and insure.

I have been revising hard and my predicted is AABB, and I know that I want uni of Nottingham to be one of my two options, I really like Leeds but I feel like the grades may be out of reach and it would be risky to firm it.Could anyone share their opinion? I would like to hear what someone would do if they were in my position so i can have an idea closer to what unis will be the best decision.
Original post by folzar
hi, I applied to 5 unis and got offers from all, I plan to go into finance, I want to go down the accountancy route. So far, I applied for Accounting and Finance degrees at Uni of Birmingham (AAA) and uni of loughborough (BBB), Uni of Leeds (AAA) and also have offers for the PWC flying start Accounting degree at uni of reading (BBB) and Uni of Nottingham (ABB), I am not confident in what to firm and insure.

I have been revising hard and my predicted is AABB, and I know that I want uni of Nottingham to be one of my two options, I really like Leeds but I feel like the grades may be out of reach and it would be risky to firm it.Could anyone share their opinion? I would like to hear what someone would do if they were in my position so i can have an idea closer to what unis will be the best decision.

You're doing four A levels, but all of those offers are for three. If you stopped revising for the fourth A level entirely (but still took the exams, as you'll have to now), do you think you could get the other B up to a A, giving you three A levels at AAA plus a fourth at some irrelevant grade?

If so, and you liked both Leeds (AAA) and Nottingham (ABB) then those sounds like good firm and insurance choices.
Original post by folzar

Hi @folzar,

Congratulations on your offers :smile:

Overall, my advice would be to make sure you are choosing universities you can see yourself going to and being happy at. You could view this webpage to help you make your decision.

If you do have any questions about Loughborough, please do let me know.

- Lindsay
Original post by folzar

Many congratulations! Those are great offers!

First decision - do you want the Flying Start scheme? If so you should be ranking Nottingham and Reading. If not its a different though process. Any idea what sort of university environment you would like? Or which part of the country?

The only one of the courses I know much about in any detail is the Loughborough one. I've interviewed a number of people from that course. All seemed to really enjoy it and were very strong.
Original post by folzar

Hello @folzar , first of all massive congratulations on all your options! I would definitely recommend visiting our University campus to have a feel for it! Here is a link to our open days - https://www.reading.ac.uk/ready-to-study/visiting-and-open-days/opendays . This is a great chance to talk to current students / academics and have a feel for what studying at University is like.I definitely also recommend messaging Neha on Unibuddy to find out any queries you may have about the course - https://api.unibuddy.co/og/university-of-reading/buddies/students/6397476a27cf94154ac44845?buddyPosition=share .
Congratulations! And please don`t hesitate to ask any questions about the University or student life!
Owain :smile:
2nd year Mathematics and economics student

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending