The Student Room Group

Postgrad Degree Reviews

Hi everyone,

I’ve applied for two taught postgraduate courses for September 2023, and I’m torn on which to accept. I was wondering if there happened to be anyone on this sub who would have knowledge of the courses and could give me some good insight.

I’ve applied to:
Transnational Organised Crime MA at Staffordshire University
Counter Terrorism MA at University of Central Lancashire

I did my bachelors at Staffs so I already know the campus already. I just wanted to know if anyone knew anything about the courses or anything that could help me decide, as I’m torn between both and love both subject areas. 😊
Original post by coolhamandrats
Hi everyone,

I’ve applied for two taught postgraduate courses for September 2023, and I’m torn on which to accept. I was wondering if there happened to be anyone on this sub who would have knowledge of the courses and could give me some good insight.

I’ve applied to:
Transnational Organised Crime MA at Staffordshire University
Counter Terrorism MA at University of Central Lancashire

I did my bachelors at Staffs so I already know the campus already. I just wanted to know if anyone knew anything about the courses or anything that could help me decide, as I’m torn between both and love both subject areas. 😊

Hi there @coolhamandrats, :smile:

Wonderful to hear that you are looking to study with us here at UCLan! :smile:

Our MSc Counter Terrorism course is taught by expert practitioners with extensive experience giving you an in-depth understanding of legislation, policy and the latest methods used to deal with the changing face of violent extremism in the UK and internationally. The team maintain strong links with counter terrorism agencies and the police service, especially within the North West of England.

For you to get a better understanding of this course here is Figen Murray a graduate in MSc Counter Terrorism telling her inspirational story.

Here at UCLan we have a brilliant, dedicated team who will support you with all aspects of university life and are available to answer any queries you have and guide you in the right direction.

If you have any questions please do let me know and I will be happy to help! :smile:

Best wishes,
Sarah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending