The Student Room Group

i want to change course in clearing

I originally applied for Law and haven't been holding any offers, but I applied and got accepted for business/global management in other global universities. Right now, I'm considering applying for business management during UCAS clearing but my original personal statement (PS) wouldn't make any sense as it's catered for Law. I understand that between the initial submission and extras in UCAS that you can't change your PS, but I'm not sure about clearing. Would I be able to change my PS before clearing? Or how could I go about doing that?

Also, my teacher catered his reference letter towards law but he no longer works at my old school anymore (I have also since graduated).

I’m not really sure how to go about this and could really use some good advice, especially after listening to some bad ones that got me into this mess. Thank you😊
(edited 1 year ago)
It's pretty normal for applicants to end up applying to different subjects in clearing and so often unis will just ask you to send a new PS when you go through clearing (if they are bothered about it). Can't recall if you can completely replace it in UCAS itself but unis are used to asking for them to be sent directly at that time anyway so it's a non-issue.

Worth writing one up before clearing opens so you have it all ready and set to fire out in an email when/if it's asked for though :smile: Then you can just worry about finding the places and ringing up unis on results day and not writing a PS as well!
(Original post by ctx_07)I originally applied for Law and haven't been holding any offers, but I applied and got accepted for business/global management in other global universities. Right now, I'm considering applying for business management during UCAS clearing but my original personal statement (PS) wouldn't make any sense as it's catered for Law. I understand that between the initial submission and extras in UCAS that you can't change your PS, but I'm not sure about clearing. Would I be able to change my PS before clearing? Or how could I go about doing that?

Also, my teacher catered his reference letter towards law but he no longer works at my old school anymore (I have also since graduated).

I’m not really sure how to go about this and could really use some good advice, especially after listening to some bad ones that got me into this mess. Thank you😊

Why not apply nowr through extra. You are likely to have more unis to choose and it wont be as rushed and if a university wants a new PS they will ask you for one directly. It is highly unlikely there will be courses in clearing that arent available in extra.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending