The Student Room Group

Personal Statement Help for Japanese??

Hi! I'm going to be a late applicant for UCLan (already got the go-ahead from them) and I really need help with my personal statement. I'll be applying for Asia Pacific Studes w/ Japanese and have no clue what to put down. My previous personal statement was media based so not much I can take from that. I just have no clue where to begin despite spending hours reading examples and watching videos.
Original post by wrenney
Hi! I'm going to be a late applicant for UCLan (already got the go-ahead from them) and I really need help with my personal statement. I'll be applying for Asia Pacific Studes w/ Japanese and have no clue what to put down. My previous personal statement was media based so not much I can take from that. I just have no clue where to begin despite spending hours reading examples and watching videos.

Have you tried using TSR's Personal Statement builder, or reading though either of the sample personal statements covering Japanese Studies?

There's plenty of more general advice here and don't forget that you can get yours reviewed for free once you have a final draft ready. See here for details.
Original post by wrenney

Hi there Wrenney, :smile:

It's great to hear that you are looking to apply for our Asia Pacific Studies course! :smile:

You mentioned needing help with your personal statement, let me share some great tips to help you make the most of your personal statement! :smile:

Firstly I would recommend beginning your statement with an engaging and positive sentence as this will capture the admissions tutors attention. Make sure to include your reasons for applying to your chosen course. To create a great personal statement it is important to think about why you want to study this course, what makes you suitable for this course and what makes you stand out and how you will contribute to the university community as a whole. Be sure to pick out your most relevant skills and achievements and explain these in detail using examples.

I would recommend reading your personal statement out loud as it will allow you to spot any mistakes. If possible ask your parents, friends and/or teachers to read through your finished statement. They can help to make sure it flows and that you’ve not forgotten anything. It is important to remember to keep your personal statement within the 4000 character limit set by UCAS. This includes spaces and blank lines.

You can find more great advice on how to write your personal statement here.

If you have any further question please do let me know and I would be happy to help. :smile:
All the best,
Sarah
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending