The Student Room Group

Politics at LSE

I’m a year 12 student interested in applying for LSE as well as other unis such as Warwick and Edinburgh to do a course in Politics.
At GCSE I achieved one 7(A) seven 8s(A*) and two 9s(A*). I am predicted A*AA in my A-levels and I take Politics, Sociology and Religious Studies.
Ik my academic profile is okay but I really need help on creating a personal statement which is excellent and competitive as my top choice is LSE but Ik its super hard to get in. I was wondering if i could receive any PS advice, any supercurriculars which would be useful and maybe see some personal statements of successful applicants applying for similar courses. TYSMM
Personal statement statements dont matter as much as everyone makes it seem important just exaggerate and lie a little and it's good. For LSE you already meet the grade requirements they literally filter out half the applicants with high GCSE grade requirements then the over half have to get A*AA or A*A*A
Reply 2
Original post by username001345
Personal statement statements dont matter as much as everyone makes it seem important just exaggerate and lie a little and it's good. For LSE you already meet the grade requirements they literally filter out half the applicants with high GCSE grade requirements then the over half have to get A*AA or A*A*A

So does this mean I have a good chance of getting in? I’m worried bc I assume most people applying will have similar grades… How can I stand out?
Original post by mimi1111
So does this mean I have a good chance of getting in? I’m worried bc I assume most people applying will have similar grades… How can I stand out?

They might have similar predicted grades but at the end of the day theyre only predicted theres nothing more you can do but attend a summer school or an event at LSE and talk about it in your personal statement
Original post by mimi1111

Top London universities are massively over subscribed and anyone applying to the likes oF lse is more likely to be rejected than accepted. That is a risk you take applying there. It is a bit less competitive for Politics than Economics.
Just be aware that 67% of the students at LSE are from Overseas - mostly from China - nothing wrong with this of course, but it may impact your 'student experience'.

Useful reading etc list for Politics at all Unis on this list from Sheffield - https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/politics/undergraduate/courses/reading-list

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending