The Student Room Group

Small Boats Operational Command Border Force

I have applied for the above role and have been successful with the online assessment centre.

Just wondering what the security checks are like and if they check financial history for this particular role? From my understanding the security checks vary from role to role. My credit history is terrible and I have a CCJ that I am still paying so just feared that this is going to cause an issue.

Any help would be great to ease my overly anxious mind 😂
Reply 1
Original post by Drgdolly
I have applied for the above role and have been successful with the online assessment centre.

Just wondering what the security checks are like and if they check financial history for this particular role? From my understanding the security checks vary from role to role. My credit history is terrible and I have a CCJ that I am still paying so just feared that this is going to cause an issue.

Any help would be great to ease my overly anxious mind 😂

As far as I am aware, all Border Force roles require clearance at SC level. This is a lengthy process and does dig deep into financial history. However, you won't be automatically ruled out just from having bad credit in the past if it has now improved and you are showing evidence of making regular consistent payments to pay off debts. Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by BF2023
As far as I am aware, all Border Force roles require clearance at SC level. This is a lengthy process and does dig deep into financial history. However, you won't be automatically ruled out just from having bad credit in the past if it has now improved and you are showing evidence of making regular consistent payments to pay off debts. Good luck!

Thanks for the info - it’s still a bit messy in regards to financial history due to job losses - so not feeling too hopeful!
Reply 3
Original post by Drgdolly
Thanks for the info - it’s still a bit messy in regards to financial history due to job losses - so not feeling too hopeful!

Any luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending