The Student Room Group

Border force heathrow

Does anyone know what the current ahw rate is for Border force officers at Heathrow (pcp) immigration desk at the moment. I know it dropped due to covid. Any idea of what the shift pattern like?
Original post by Nandos786
Does anyone know what the current ahw rate is for Border force officers at Heathrow (pcp) immigration desk at the moment. I know it dropped due to covid. Any idea of what the shift pattern like?

The shift pattern is undergoing change at present. A fixed roster was introduced as part of the Covid precautions - which is soon to be replaced with a more flexible system but the final details have not yet been announced.
The AHW rate varies on quite a few factors, what grade/role you will be, which command/terminal you'll be in and whether you work the full range of shifts or have any exemptions/adjustments.
As a very broad guide, you can reasonably expect it to be in excess of 20%.
Reply 2
Original post by Dipthong
The shift pattern is undergoing change at present. A fixed roster was introduced as part of the Covid precautions - which is soon to be replaced with a more flexible system but the final details have not yet been announced.
The AHW rate varies on quite a few factors, what grade/role you will be, which command/terminal you'll be in and whether you work the full range of shifts or have any exemptions/adjustments.

Thanks mate. Do you work there at moment. Do you get many rest day at the moment. I have a start date but trying to find out what the rota is like to book holiday?
Original post by Nandos786
Thanks mate. Do you work there at moment. Do you get many rest day at the moment. I have a start date but trying to find out what the rota is like to book holiday?

You're welcome. Yes I'm presently based at Heathrow.
In some weeks you'll get two consecutive rest days, other times they may be separated by working days. But, as I said, the roster system is due to change very soon so unless you're starting in a couple of weeks you may start on the new system or at the tail end of the fixed roster.
Booking leave is done in waves. Certain date ranges only open up at certain times so you have to plan ahead. If business needs are high, leave allocations may be capped but that's not unique. School holiday times are, unsurprisingly, heavily subscribed.
Reply 4
You're welcome. Yes I'm presently based at Heathrow.
In some weeks you'll get two consecutive rest days, other times they may be separated by working days. But, as I said, the roster system is due to change very soon so unless you're starting in a couple of weeks you may start on the new system or at the tail end of the fixed roster.
Booking leave is done in waves. Certain date ranges only open up at certain times so you have to plan ahead. If business needs are high, leave allocations may be capped but that's not unique. School holiday times are, unsurprisingly, heavily subscribed.

Thank you very much. That helped alot. Finger cross the new roster alot better and has better rest days. I'm coming from postal and thought Heathrow would have a load more opportunities.
Reply 5
Hi Guys,

Can someone tell me the roster pattern at Border force Heathrow ?. I have been granted provisional offer. I would like to know the timings of the shift at Heathrow.

Early start time and late finish time?

how many days a week they work ?.

Is flexible shift available ?.

I live in east London and I use public transport. Hence it will be difficult for me to start shift at 5 am or finish after 11 pm due to train availability.

Thank you
Reply 6

Hi is there a parking facility for BFO who works at Heathrow?If yes then how much you have to pay for a day parking?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending