The Student Room Group

Maths Edexcel

my current grade is a 4 in foundation maths and I want a 6 this mean that I need to move to higher. Is the higher tier GCSE maths Edexcel hard. On average how long should it take to learn all the topics and when will I see and improvement. I want to get a 6 FAST I have about 3 weeks till exams. this is going to require intense revision. but how do I achieve this. I heard it’s easier to achieve a 4 or 5 in higher tier is this true? Has anyone like improved their grade like from a low or average grade to like a higher grade?
It entirely depends on how much effort you are ready to put in. The foundation paper makes up the first half of the higher tier paper so the rest of the paper would get progressively harder. You should try out some higher tier past papers for your exam board and compare it to last year's grade boundaries and see where you lie grade-wise. In terms of improving your grade, try and do as many past papers and practice questions as possible. There are lots of websites online that provide practice questions as well as videos to explain tricky concepts. Good luck!
Reply 2
If you want to move to higher maths, I would suggest to look at the past papers first. A grade 5 in higher maths is more respected than a grade 5 in foundation maths, but yes higher maths is harder. The last questions on a foundation paper usually make up the first few questions on the higher tier paper. If you do eventually decide to do higher tier, I would suggest to print out a checklist of all the topics that are coming up for each paper, and start from there. Use the GCSE maths tutor on YouTube and watch his videos on each topic, and watch his predicted 2023 exam videos. A really useful website would be Corbettmaths. Make sure you do lots of past papers, and ensure you understand the questions and their concepts, absolutely do not memorise the answers as questions are very different each year. Good luck!
Original post by suzy23
my current grade is a 4 in foundation maths and I want a 6 this mean that I need to move to higher. Is the higher tier GCSE maths Edexcel hard. On average how long should it take to learn all the topics and when will I see and improvement. I want to get a 6 FAST I have about 3 weeks till exams. this is going to require intense revision. but how do I achieve this. I heard it’s easier to achieve a 4 or 5 in higher tier is this true? Has anyone like improved their grade like from a low or average grade to like a higher grade?

Quick Reply

Latest