The Student Room Group

What is the university of Hertfordshire like for studying (2D) animation

Not going to much depth, but essentially thanks to strict parents I will be going to study 2D animation at Hertfordshire.

I've heard a lot of good things about the course, such as how it's one of the best in the world for animation as well as it's great at getting its students into the industry once they graduate. However, I've heard a lot of bad things, such as the course being incredibly stressful and intense, as well as the accommodations not being too great. I visited for an interview, and I wasn't impressed with the look of the campus as well as the classrooms and equipment.

Is Hertfordshire a good place to study animation? I want to go to a good uni so I can get a job, but I don't want to sacrifice my mental health in the process. How intense is it really? Will I still have time to work on my own personal projects alongside my school work? I love being able to work on school work whilst working on personal animations in my spare time, it's a really important factor to my general work flow. Or will it just be school work 24/7? They said not to go if you are looking to party all the time. I'm an introvert so I don't care about going out at all. I just want some free time so that I can work on my hobbies
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest