The Student Room Group

Police

Hello, I am currently a 1st year bsc psychology student.

I have no clue what I want to do, but now I have been thinking of becoming a police officer, I don't believe I would be a police officer for life but I would possibly work to gain the experience and the skills.

Right now, I don't see myself as becoming as a psychologist as it is a lot more study after graduating.

Some of the reasons why I am thinking of becoming a police officer is
1. being part of something that is larger than myself and being part of that group, it has the camaraderie vibe. And that is probably one of the reasons why a lot of people join the army.

2. I want that standard 9-5 that will keep me busy, and I don't want a job where I will always be in an office.

Some questions I have are what are my progression to better positions within the force, what is the salary like, will I work in a different town from where I live etc.

Also, I am going to keep it also very real and honest is this a good career for a British Pakistani, due to the racism that has been in the force. Although racism is strictly not tolerated in the force due to policy, maybe the people within the force have certain attitudes etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending