The Student Room Group

D to A in a month for ALevel Maths

The uni want to go to entry requirements are AAA. I am currently on an ABD (D for maths) is it possible for me to go from a D to A in a month? Can anyone give any tips on how to revise effectively for maths? When I do questions I feel like I know it, but then when I try questions I seem to forget everything
Honestly that seems really unlikely. Maths particularly is a subject which is not something you can "cram" for and really needs consistent, long term practice. I think aiming for a C or a B (at a stretch) is a more realistic goal.

You will need to plan to do a lot of past papers and work through all the problems carefully that you didn't get full marks on to understand what you are missing. Maths is really just about practicing continually - part of why it's hard to "cram" for it because in a fixed time period there are only so many practice questions you can do and have it "sink in" still.
Original post by journy
The uni want to go to entry requirements are AAA. I am currently on an ABD (D for maths) is it possible for me to go from a D to A in a month? Can anyone give any tips on how to revise effectively for maths? When I do questions I feel like I know it, but then when I try questions I seem to forget everything

Hi @journy

I found the best way to revise for maths was doing practice questions. The site I used was Maths Genie. They have loads of questions organised by topic which can be really helpful if you just want to revise a certain type of question. There are also past papers you can access - I think it's a good idea to time yourself doing them so you can get used to what the exam will be like. If that's not enough I suggest asking your teachers for more questions just so you can get used to the question types and using the formulae and methods in an exam type question.

Good luck with your A levels :smile:

Jess
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest