The Student Room Group

Getting Student load in UK with BA from another country

Hi!

I've got Bachelor's degree in Ukraine, and now applying for Undergraduate course in the UK (Psychology with a Foundation year). I see that one of eligibility criteria is not having a prior degree, and I wonder if degree from other county also counts? Student loan is my only chance to get to the uni here, I already have unconditional offers and I just want to understand if I need to hope, or I'm not eligible.
Hi there,

If you already hold an undergraduate degree from another country then you would not be eligible for funding in the UK unless it is classed as an exception course. Can you confirm what university you want to attend and if the course is a full time or part time course?

Thanks, Drew
Reply 2
Original post by Drew SLC
Hi there,
If you already hold an undergraduate degree from another country then you would not be eligible for funding in the UK unless it is classed as an exception course. Can you confirm what university you want to attend and if the course is a full time or part time course?
Thanks, Drew
I am choosing between UCLan (already have an unconditional offer) and University of Sheffield (conditional offer - need to pass an interview). I will take Psychology with Foundation Year.
Hi there,

Is it a Full Time or Part Time course? Would the course last 4 years?

Thanks, Drew
Reply 4
Original post by Drew SLC
Hi there,
Is it a Full Time or Part Time course? Would the course last 4 years?
Thanks, Drew
Yes, full-time, 4 years in total
Hi there,

Unfortunately if you already hold an undergraduate qualification from another country you will not be eligible for funding from us. This course is not classed as an exception course.

Thanks, Drew

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending