The Student Room Group

Switching uni and course

Hey, I am coming to the end of my first year studying forensic science but want to drop out as I know for certain this course isn’t for me. Ideally I want to change university and course. Is it a case of withdrawing from my current course and going into clearing or could there be potential complications?
Original post by uniswitchcourse4
Hey, I am coming to the end of my first year studying forensic science but want to drop out as I know for certain this course isn’t for me. Ideally I want to change university and course. Is it a case of withdrawing from my current course and going into clearing or could there be potential complications?

You don’t have to withdraw to apply elsewhere.

And you don’t have to wait until clearing to apply.

Have a look at the University Transfer FAQ thread at the top of applications, clearing and ucas and start putting together your UCAS application today
How does this affect my application? Do I need a reference and completely new personal statement since I’m switching course? Also who could I get as a reference? Ideally not somebody at my current university.
Original post by PQ
You don’t have to withdraw to apply elsewhere.

And you don’t have to wait until clearing to apply.

Have a look at the University Transfer FAQ thread at the top of applications, clearing and ucas and start putting together your UCAS application today

How does this affect my application? Do I need a reference and completely new personal statement since I’m switching course? Also who could I get as a reference? Ideally not somebody at my current university.
Original post by uniswitchcourse4

All answered in the first post of the University Transfer FAQ thread

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending