The Student Room Group

girl i like ended things - not sure what to do

a girl i’ve been dating for the last 3 months ended things today and i’m not sure how to save us. we were never in an official relationship but we were just in a ‘situationship’ basically dating without an official title.

it was going really well, we would kiss and see eachother a lot. she said she liked me and thought i was a great guy etc. however she just ended things unexpectedly, this was her text:

“i feel we are moving too fast and i’m too stressed to be dating. you are a great guy but you are not what i am looking for. I was trying to see if there was any connection and chemistry between us but i don’t feel anything, i think we get on well as friends but i don’t see myself falling in love with you.”

however this is strange because i feel she’s just having doubts about us for 3 reasons

1) literally 3 days ago she was always texting me and asking to see me saying she likes me a lot and misses me and can’t wait to see me again etc. and we even set up a date for dinner next weekend

2) she’s just been very stressed these past week because she’s extremely career orientated that’s the most important thing to her getting a good job and being successful and she is about to graduate next month and still hasn’t landed a graduate job yet and she received loads of rejections recently so she’s been quite stressed from that so i feel her emotions are not in the best place at the moment so she’s in a bad mood which might ruin her feelings for me.

3) this might be wrong i’m just making an assumption: i think she’s afraid of sex or is a person that isn’t interested in sex for now.. which is fine i’m perfectly ok waiting until she’s ready. she’s never said this and if it’s true i think she’s too embarrassed to admit it so is pushing me away by ending things. but the reason i think this is because everything was going well between us until i asked if she wanted to sleep round mine after our dinner date this weekend.. we’ve never had sex or slept round before and after 3 months i thought it was time to ask.. and her text message ending things was responding to me inviting her to stay round mine.. which is why i think this scared her a bit and now she’s pushing me away because we had a dinner date set up but now she suddenly ends this when i ask if she wants to sleep round after.

this was my response to her ending things:

“im confused i thought it was going really well between us. i really like you a lot and i don’t want to give up on us, please let’s talk in person you can come sleep round mine so we can spend the night together and talk, we don’t have to have sex or anything i will be very respectful to you and we just talk and not give up”

but she left me on seen/read and hasn’t responded. but i really don’t want us to end it’s been 3 months of going great and she just ends things like that over a text. any advice?
Reply 1
Stop assuming things, she told you what it is.
She knows where you stand, you made it clear how you felt... that's good enough. Balls in her court..don't reach out anymore. Let her come to you if she wants. But don't wait for her :smile:
Trust me; don't pursue this further. Like the poster above said, the ball is now in her court - don't punish yourself by thinking about this over and over; it'll only cause you damage. If you have any hobbies at all, pursue them vigorously to take your mind away from things; and just let her come to you. Distance and time can be a healer.
Take her at face value instead of trying to poke holes in her reasoning. She said she doesn't feel chemistry with you. There's no point in chasing a girl who you don't have mutual attraction with.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Anonymous
a girl i’ve been dating for the last 3 months ended things today and i’m not sure how to save us. we were never in an official relationship but we were just in a ‘situationship’ basically dating without an official title.

it was going really well, we would kiss and see eachother a lot. she said she liked me and thought i was a great guy etc. however she just ended things unexpectedly, this was her text:

“i feel we are moving too fast and i’m too stressed to be dating. you are a great guy but you are not what i am looking for. I was trying to see if there was any connection and chemistry between us but i don’t feel anything, i think we get on well as friends but i don’t see myself falling in love with you.”

however this is strange because i feel she’s just having doubts about us for 3 reasons

1) literally 3 days ago she was always texting me and asking to see me saying she likes me a lot and misses me and can’t wait to see me again etc. and we even set up a date for dinner next weekend

2) she’s just been very stressed these past week because she’s extremely career orientated that’s the most important thing to her getting a good job and being successful and she is about to graduate next month and still hasn’t landed a graduate job yet and she received loads of rejections recently so she’s been quite stressed from that so i feel her emotions are not in the best place at the moment so she’s in a bad mood which might ruin her feelings for me.

3) this might be wrong i’m just making an assumption: i think she’s afraid of sex or is a person that isn’t interested in sex for now.. which is fine i’m perfectly ok waiting until she’s ready. she’s never said this and if it’s true i think she’s too embarrassed to admit it so is pushing me away by ending things. but the reason i think this is because everything was going well between us until i asked if she wanted to sleep round mine after our dinner date this weekend.. we’ve never had sex or slept round before and after 3 months i thought it was time to ask.. and her text message ending things was responding to me inviting her to stay round mine.. which is why i think this scared her a bit and now she’s pushing me away because we had a dinner date set up but now she suddenly ends this when i ask if she wants to sleep round after.

“im confused i thought it was going really well between us. i really like you a lot and i don’t want to give up on us, please let’s talk in person you can come sleep round mine so we can spend the night together and talk, we don’t have to have sex or anything i will be very respectful to you and we just talk and not give up”

but she left me on seen/read and hasn’t responded. but i really don’t want us to end it’s been 3 months of going great and she just ends things like that over a text. any advice?

She likes someone else sorry
Yeah give her space and time to think. Don’t message or hound her. If she wants you, she’ll come back to you.

Sometimes it’s not personal to you, she just may have a lot of other stuff going on in her life which means a relationship isn’t a priority right now.
As others have said, accept what she told you. She doesn't feel anything for you. Chemistry is really important. Move on.
Reply 7
Women go cold. There’s no way back from a text like this
Original post by Anonymous

I mean she told you pretty clearly, she gave it a go and doesn’t see herself falling in love with you. She likes you but not enough to be in a relationship or carry on dating. She told you very clearly that you are not what she’s looking for in a partner. She gave it a go but there’s no connection from her end. She even straight up told you she feels nothing for you…

How can you misinterpret it for anything else? Take it for what it is and move on. Please listen to women when they tell you exactly what’s up.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending