The Student Room Group

University of Portsmouth Dental Hygiene and Dental Therapy interview

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zizzi4
Ypu going for DH or Therap?
Babe is there a chance we could message in private 😭 coz I want to make friends for when I hopefully get into Portsmouth x
Reply 21
I have my interview tomorrow anyone have any tips on the interview and the sort of questions I should be focussing on
Reply 22
Original post by Stuti 05
I have my interview tomorrow anyone have any tips on the interview and the sort of questions I should be focussing on

I also have my interview soon, for dental hygiene, any advice on what to practise on?
Reply 23
I also have an interview for dental hygiene at Portsmouth. Does anyone know the type of questions they’ll be asking.
Hey I have an interview for dental hygiene for Portsmouth on the 5th and I’m freaking out how do you even prepare
Original post by jasminjessa
Hey I have an interview for dental hygiene for Portsmouth on the 5th and I’m freaking out how do you even prepare

Hi! Is your interview online? I’m waiting to choose my interview date!
Original post by epullen
Hi! Is your interview online? I’m waiting to choose my interview date!

Yeah it was on zoom
Yeah it was on zoom

Amazing, thankyou! Have you already done it?
Original post by carlywhite
Hey does anyone got an interview soon with the university of Portsmouth for Dental therapy and Hygiene.

Hey, I have an interview for Portsmouth coming up! Have you had yours? If so how did you find it? x
Original post by epullen
Amazing, thankyou! Have you already done it?

Yeah I had it it was alright, I was asked why Portsmouth and why dental hygiene, I was asked about the NHS values, when I worked as a team, when I showed empathy and compassion and I was asked what I’d do in some scenarios so go over the GDC principles.
Yeah I had it it was alright, I was asked why Portsmouth and why dental hygiene, I was asked about the NHS values, when I worked as a team, when I showed empathy and compassion and I was asked what I’d do in some scenarios so go over the GDC principles.

Great thank you for your help! Did you have your interview over zoom or in person? How long did your interview last for and was it just a 1-1 interview or did you have to do a group one as well? x
Original post by carlywhite
Babe is there a chance we could message in private 😭 coz I want to make friends for when I hopefully get into Portsmouth x

Hey! Hope your interview went okay, is there anyway you could private message me about the course? x
Original post by Keesha-noon
Great thank you for your help! Did you have your interview over zoom or in person? How long did your interview last for and was it just a 1-1 interview or did you have to do a group one as well? x

It was over zoom, when I joined there was a woman that asked me the questions would smile and nod at everything I said, there was also someone else who turned their camera off to make notes. It was about 20 minutes long but since I was nervous it felt like 5 minutes.
Oh that sounds a lot better than what I thought it was going to be like! Thanks for telling me. Have you heard back from your interview yet? x
Oh that sounds a lot better than what I thought it was going to be like! Thanks for telling me. Have you heard back from your interview yet? x

No after the questions she said it would take a couple weeks to hear an answer
No after the questions she said it would take a couple weeks to hear an answer

Fingers crossed you get in then!!
Fingers crossed you get in then!!

Thanks, you too!! xx
Thanks, you too!! xx
Have you heard anything yet? it feels like forever since my interview 😩
Original post by jazzgrover3
Have you heard anything yet? it feels like forever since my interview 😩