The Student Room Group

Which uni should I firm??

Hi,
Like many others right now I’m struggling to decide what uni to firm for 2023 entry. Was wondering if anyone had some words of wisdom that could help me make my decision.
I applied for English literature and have unconditionals (gap year student) from the following:
Durham
Bristol
Exeter
Manchester.
I’m pretty much leaning towards durham however I’m really worried about it reputation for being classist and Exclusionary- I’m from quite a working class background.
However, I do think a unis reputation and quality of education is more important than its social life, so really, which uni looks the best to future employers? I’ve seen so much conflicting info online.
Which has the most interesting course content? What type of environment would you like to live in?
Original post by Cocaiaaa
Hi,
Like many others right now I’m struggling to decide what uni to firm for 2023 entry. Was wondering if anyone had some words of wisdom that could help me make my decision.
I applied for English literature and have unconditionals (gap year student) from the following:
Durham
Bristol
Exeter
Manchester.
I’m pretty much leaning towards durham however I’m really worried about it reputation for being classist and Exclusionary- I’m from quite a working class background.
However, I do think a unis reputation and quality of education is more important than its social life, so really, which uni looks the best to future employers? I’ve seen so much conflicting info online.

All these universities have the reputation of being classist other than possibly Manchester. Bristol and Exeter are amongst the universities with the highest proportion of privately educated students. It is common of all leading universities especially in the South. However there are many students from working classes in all universities.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending