The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial Computing without further math?

Hi I am an international student considering to apply to Imperial Computing this year with singapore-cambridge a levels cert. I studied Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and achieved A's for all of these. For those who don't know an A grade is the highest grade obtainable which corresponds to an A* in UK A Levels. I even sat for an advanced Physics paper and got Merit. It basically encompasses uni-level Physics concepts and qns with a lot of math proofing involved.

Here are some of my super-curriculars:
- Done a computing-related work attachment at a well-known research company (nt gna reveal which) for about 6 months, working with one of the researchers there
- Went for a technology bootcamp (participated in the hackathon event and arduino, machine learning lessons)
- Enrolled in informatics clubs throughout high school
- Wrote a research paper in the category of computer science and won gold for a research competition at the regional level, and was nominated to present at a science fair
- Created open-source programs on github in Python and HTML

Consideration my whole application do y'all think I would stand a chance at getting interviewed for imperial computing, or maybe at least ucl?
These 2 are my target universities.
I heard from another discussion that some students got accepted into imperial computing without further maths with step offers but I'm not sure whether that's just an exception and not the rule.
In the meantime, should I just self study STEP first as I heard it can be quite challenging?

Thanks for all your help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending