The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Can I get into Imperial with an A*AAA but I have an A* in computing instead of maths?

The imperial website said they require an A* in maths but because of my school making us take the Maths a level a year earlier and also because of external factors, I fell short on getting an A* for maths. I’m really scared that imperial might reject me pre Interview due to this. Is it worth retaking my maths a level for imperial?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
The imperial website said they require an A* in maths but because of my school making us take the Maths a level a year earlier and also because of external factors, I fell short on getting an A* for maths. I’m really scared that imperial might reject me pre Interview due to this. Is it worth retaking my maths a level for imperial?

What are your other A-levels? I assume you are applying for Computing.
(edited 1 year ago)
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
My a levels are maths,further maths,physics and computing
Reply 3
Yes, retake it.
i don't know anyone at imperial without an A* in maths

maybe if your extenuating circumstances were formalised rather than just your word there might be a chance
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous

Hey, did you manage to get an offer for imperial? I’m in the same situation - I’m in yr12 and have just finished the maths a level and I think I’ve only gotten an A so I was wondering whether an A* in further maths or A* in both computing and physics would balance it out

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending