The Student Room Group

Scrapping of personal statements??? what factors will affect intake?

I'm currently a student in Y11 and hopefully will be going to University in 2025, I've heard about the scrapping of the UCAS Personal Statement and instead there will be the multiple choice question form, however I want to know how till will impact my university admission process, as of right now I'm sure no-one knows however I just want to know will this put more emphasis on GCSE Results? Kinda nerve-racking so just want to know what people think.
Original post by sazjn
I'm currently a student in Y11 and hopefully will be going to University in 2025, I've heard about the scrapping of the UCAS Personal Statement and instead there will be the multiple choice question form, however I want to know how till will impact my university admission process, as of right now I'm sure no-one knows however I just want to know will this put more emphasis on GCSE Results? Kinda nerve-racking so just want to know what people think.

I think they had fielded some feedback on the proposed changes, but I've not heard of any updates regarding it since.

There is a long thread here with thoughts from both students and those involved with the admissions process, (like me :smile:).
Reply 2
Original post by sazjn

I think it will probably be a good thing, as unis will still be getting the info they need, but it will be in a more structured and easier to digest format via specific questions, rather than an essay. For example, if an admin tutor wants to quickly see what super curriculars you've done, or say a medicine interviewer wants to see what work experience you've done, they can quickly go to that question rather than having to wade through an essay to find.

I can imagine some STEM applicants might also find the thought of having to write an essay that their future depends on, a little terrifying.
Reply 3
GCSE grades will never be more important that your A level grades.
Original post by sazjn

It's not a multiple choice question form, it's a short response question form. Very different.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending