The Student Room Group

Crossroads, help!

I've been accepted unconditionally on to an HNC social science in August but logically speaking after this course I'll have to apply for several universities and most are far away, I do not drive and I am in a serious commited relationship and it would be difficult along side other personal factors affecting me to be distant physically. I would only have two unis I'd be able to attend. I have considered scrapping the HNC and doing an access course at Glasgow uni? (Close to me) help! Not sure what to do!
It sounds like you're facing a challenging decision regarding your education and personal circumstances. Here are some steps you can consider to help you make an informed choice:

Evaluate your priorities: Take some time to reflect on what is most important to you right now. Consider your relationship, personal factors, and long-term goals. Understanding your priorities will help you make a decision that aligns with your values and aspirations.

Research potential universities: Look into the universities you are interested in attending and gather information about their social science programs, entry requirements, and any potential benefits they may offer. Consider factors like the reputation of the university, course content, and location.

Explore alternative pathways: Since you mentioned considering an access course at Glasgow University, investigate the specific requirements, benefits, and potential career opportunities that may arise from pursuing this option. Assess whether it would be a better fit for your current circumstances and if it aligns with your long-term goals.

Remember that it's okay to reassess your plans and take a different path if necessary. Prioritizing your personal well-being and happiness is crucial in making decisions about your education and future.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending