The Student Room Group

Urgennttt gcsee english lit helppp

Hii, I’m doing Macbeth, AIC, Jekyll and Hyde and Power and conflict

Could any of you guys who are working on 8s or 9s or already achieved them let me know what structure you used specifically thanks
Reply 1
Original post by Liam9123
Hii, I’m doing Macbeth, AIC, Jekyll and Hyde and Power and conflict

Could any of you guys who are working on 8s or 9s or already achieved them let me know what structure you used specifically thanks

Macbeth/AIC/Jekyll and Hyde:
Introduction
Moment/character 1, quoting at least 3 times
Moment/character 2, quoting at least 3 times
Moment/character 3, quoting at least 3 times
(in either 2 or 3 make brief reference to a fourth moment/character)
Conclusion

passage question:
4 slightly shorter paragraphs, two on the passage and two on two other moments (possibly referring briefly to a third in one).

Power and conflict poems:
part a)
Introduction
3x comparative paragraphs: comparative topic sentence, PEZAx2 on poem 1, comparative link to poem 2, PEZAx2 on poem 2, comparative link which evaluatively compares the two poems.
Conclusion

part b)
Brief introduction (less necessary)
3 paragraphs: topic sentence on one particular element of the poem (clearly linked to question), 3xPEZA
Conclusion

PEZA = point, evidence, zoom (focus on one word), analysis
Quotes are best kept to mostly 5 words or under

This method got me a 9, so I hope it’s helpful, please do say if anything doesn’t make sense.:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by squiddy135
Macbeth/AIC/Jekyll and Hyde:
Introduction
Moment/character 1, quoting at least 3 times
Moment/character 2, quoting at least 3 times
Moment/character 3, quoting at least 3 times
(in either 2 or 3 make brief reference to a fourth moment/character)
Conclusion

passage question:
4 slightly shorter paragraphs, two on the passage and two on two other moments (possibly referring briefly to a third in one).

Power and conflict poems:
part a)
Introduction
3x comparative paragraphs: comparative topic sentence, PEZAx2 on poem 1, comparative link to poem 2, PEZAx2 on poem 2, comparative link which evaluatively compares the two poems.
Conclusion

part b)
Brief introduction (less necessary)
3 paragraphs: topic sentence on one particular element of the poem (clearly linked to question), 3xPEZA
Conclusion

PEZA = point, evidence, zoom (focus on one word), analysis
Quotes are best kept to mostly 5 words or under

This method got me a 9, so I hope it’s helpful, please do say if anything doesn’t make sense.:smile:

Very helpful thank you so much! How many pages would you say it is for one text all together? Also do you have any revision sites or notes you used as well? Thanks
Reply 3
I think I wrote just over 2 sides for the essays, a bit less for poetry. I’ll have a look if there’s any useful notes I still have that I can send you.
I sometimes found that Seneca could be useful I was stuck for quotes for a specific character.
(edited 12 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending