The Student Room Group

gcses

I have my gcses in 2 weeks and I havent been able to revise at all. ive failed my mocks and now I dont know what to do. does anyone have any tips that can help me? thanks
Hi,
First of all i would say just be positive, it will be alright.
Maybe try seneca learning as that gives you quick and important notes on individual topics as well as a quizzes.
Quizlet is also good for revising notes that other people have made.
Youtube is great for English Language and Literature as well as Maths
PMT i think does some notes for GCSE (but double check)
Reply 2
Do you know what you're doing next year, and what grades you need?
Original post by mariaia
I have my gcses in 2 weeks and I havent been able to revise at all. ive failed my mocks and now I dont know what to do. does anyone have any tips that can help me? thanks

The majority of people don't do well in their mocks, what you need to do is not panic. If you have a spare moment, even if it is only five minutes, revise, if you are really tired, try and revise, don't give up, you got this! :smile:
Original post by mariaia

Hi, first of all, know that you can do well in your actual exams even if you fail your mocks - go through past papers and mark schemes and have a look at your weak points and where you have room to improve. Don't give up, even if you feel hopeless - you can do well as long as you work for it! Websites such as Physics and Maths Tutor (as said above by PinkSmoothie) and MME revise do really helpful notes and practice papers that you can try! Maths Genie is great for maths, there are some really good youtube channels, such as Freesciencelessons and Mr Bruff. Also don't forget to have a look at your spec; use it as a checklist to see which topics you do well in and which ones you don't. Good luck with your exams!
Reply 5
thank youu. but the thing is even if I do revise I dont remember anything ive revised or I just get distracted
Original post by Vyshto Andeddu
The majority of people don't do well in their mocks, what you need to do is not panic. If you have a spare moment, even if it is only five minutes, revise, if you are really tired, try and revise, don't give up, you got this! :smile:
Reply 6
thank you I appreciate it
Original post by *LifeHappens*
Hi, first of all, know that you can do well in your actual exams even if you fail your mocks - go through past papers and mark schemes and have a look at your weak points and where you have room to improve. Don't give up, even if you feel hopeless - you can do well as long as you work for it! Websites such as Physics and Maths Tutor (as said above by PinkSmoothie) and MME revise do really helpful notes and practice papers that you can try! Maths Genie is great for maths, there are some really good youtube channels, such as Freesciencelessons and Mr Bruff. Also don't forget to have a look at your spec; use it as a checklist to see which topics you do well in and which ones you don't. Good luck with your exams!
Original post by mariaia
thank youu. but the thing is even if I do revise I dont remember anything ive revised or I just get distracted

I used to experience the exact same thing, I've got a terrible memory and it is difficult revising with my ADHD. My dad has the same issue and he says that even if you get distracted when revising, don't stop, just keep on going because it will get better overtime. It was difficult to accept this but, he is right. I've managed to increase my knowledge on my subjects a substantial amount due to this. It isn't instant but, it will work in time. Hope this helps :smile:
(edited 12 months ago)
Reply 8
my problem isnt only stopping its actually being able to start as well. thank you
Original post by Vyshto Andeddu
I used to experience the exact same thing, I've got a terrible memory and it is difficult revising with my ADHD. My dad has the same issue and he says that even if you get distracted when revising, don't stop, just keep on going because it will get better overtime. It was difficult to accept this but, he is right. I've managed to increase my knowledge on my subjects a substantial amount due to this. It isn't instant but, it will work in time. Hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest