The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Ucl contextual

I want to apply for UCL Economics and as a result of access programmes, qualify for a contextual offer. If I meet the contextual offer predicted grades but not the standard entry, am I as competitive as a regular candidate that does meet the standard, even for a course as competitive as this?
Original post by Anonymous
I want to apply for UCL Economics and as a result of access programmes, qualify for a contextual offer. If I meet the contextual offer predicted grades but not the standard entry, am I as competitive as a regular candidate that does meet the standard, even for a course as competitive as this?

Yes. If that were not the case, then it would make a mockery of the whole contextual offer concept.

If your predicted grades meet the contextual offer requirements, then you are just as likely to receive an offer as is a non-contextual applicant who has predicted grades which meet the standard offer requirements. (All other factors being equal.)
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
Yes. If that were not the case, then it would make a mockery of the whole contextual offer concept.

If your predicted grades meet the contextual offer requirements, then you are just as likely to receive an offer as is a non-contextual applicant who has predicted grades which meet the standard offer requirements. (All other factors being equal.)

Contextual requiremtns are ABC and my Achieved Grades are AAB. So would this be viewed the same as someone applying with predicted A*A*A for a course with normal requirement of AAA?
Original post by Imti77
Contextual requiremtns are ABC and my Achieved Grades are AAB. So would this be viewed the same as someone applying with predicted A*A*A for a course with normal requirement of AAA?

You could certainly look at it that way, yes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending