The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCLs Engineering Foundation Year help

Hi everyone,

I've been on UCAS for Computer Science/Engineering and I saw an MEng Computer Science Engineering Foundation Year. Does anyone know how foundation years work (or more specifically ucls one) and what I should do to apply for it/how to apply?

Thanks for any replies
Reply 1
Original post by mskr710
Hi everyone,

I've been on UCAS for Computer Science/Engineering and I saw an MEng Computer Science Engineering Foundation Year. Does anyone know how foundation years work (or more specifically ucls one) and what I should do to apply for it/how to apply?

Thanks for any replies

Hi! the foundation year is basically another year of study if you didn't take the right A level subjects, and you want to do that course. The UCL one is new (just came out this year) and it basically prepares you to do the actual course. After the foundation year, you go into your 'first year' like any other student and do the actual course. You apply for it on UCAS and if successful, you get an assessment day interview (group interview) and the they send you an offer if they select you. I wen through the process this year and received an offer for it. It take a very long time though lol
i will say that competition is intense, theres a lot of applicants, but not a lot of places. however, they did say they will be increasing places every year. this year it was about 1300 applicants for only 30 places
let me know if you need any more info!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by mskr710
Hi everyone,

Thanks for any replies

Hey! Following on from the previous reply, there is also a specific criteria you need to meet to be considered for the foundation year. See the link below for more details. I was also offered a place and I would agree that there is a lot of competition but at the same time it is a great oppurtunity to take if you fit the criteria.

https://www.ucl.ac.uk/engineering/study/engineering-foundation-year/eligibility-and-how-apply

Good luck!
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Hi! the foundation year is basically another year of study if you didn't take the right A level subjects, and you want to do that course. The UCL one is new (just came out this year) and it basically prepares you to do the actual course. After the foundation year, you go into your 'first year' like any other student and do the actual course. You apply for it on UCAS and if successful, you get an assessment day interview (group interview) and the they send you an offer if they select you. I wen through the process this year and received an offer for it. It take a very long time though lol
i will say that competition is intense, theres a lot of applicants, but not a lot of places. however, they did say they will be increasing places every year. this year it was about 1300 applicants for only 30 places
let me know if you need any more info!

what was the group interview like?
Hey! Following on from the previous reply, there is also a specific criteria you need to meet to be considered for the foundation year. See the link below for more details. I was also offered a place and I would agree that there is a lot of competition but at the same time it is a great oppurtunity to take if you fit the criteria.

https://www.ucl.ac.uk/engineering/study/engineering-foundation-year/eligibility-and-how-apply

Good luck!

Congratulations! Any tips to having a competitive application and succeeding? What were your predicted grades? Thanks
Original post by Anonymous #3
Congratulations! Any tips to having a competitive application and succeeding? What were your predicted grades? Thanks

Thanks! Be yourself on the assessment day but make sure you contribute - force yourself out of your shell (if you have one), engineering is all about collaboration!
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous #2
Thanks! Be yourself on the assessment day but make sure you contribute - force yourself out of your shell (if you have one), engineering is all about collaboration!

hi can you plz pm me I have questions that I would like to ask

Could you also pm me? Ty :smile:
Original post by Anonymous #3
Could you also pm me? Ty :smile:

I can't as your username doesn't show.
Reply 9

Oh sorry it’s Amanda23
Reply 10

You should see it now
Reply 11
Original post by Anonymous #2
hi could you also PM me my assessment day is tomo and theres very little things online about this

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending