The Student Room Group

AQA A-Level English Literature B Paper 2 (7716/2) - 8th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Does anyone know what the section B question was for the Handmaids Tale last year, I know it was something to do with religious oppression but ive forgotten the exact wording?
Original post by dian25375
Does anyone know what the section B question was for the Handmaids Tale last year, I know it was something to do with religious oppression but ive forgotten the exact wording?

if you do aqa - elements of social and political protest writing it was : ‘In Gilead, religion is used as the most effective method of control.’
:smile:
Reply 22
Original post by colinnzcool
if you do aqa - elements of social and political protest writing it was : ‘In Gilead, religion is used as the most effective method of control.’
:smile:

Yes! That was it, thanks :smile:
hi guys, i'm doing

Harrison's poetry
The Kite Runner
A Doll's House

I really hope for the section C that a question on atonement comes up, but I doubt it.
omg someone else doing Harvest, so am I and i hate it, i’m just hoping the section b questions are good so i can just do it for sec C, there’s just not many resources online for it and i find it so hard to talk about sometimes. I’m hoping there might be a section C question on Punishment maybe as that’d be good.

Omg same with the section C! Most people in my class have vowed to not do Harvest for section B no matter what 😭😭
Reply 25
does anyone have any predictions for section b (kite runner/handmaids tale/songs of innocence-experience) or section c?

like what hasn't come up?
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 26
Hi, I'm doing A Streetcar Named Desire, The Handmaid's Tale and Skirrid Hill. Anyone doing the same have any predictions for the questions tomorrow?!
Reply 27
Hi, anyone know what the section b questions were last year for Rime, Atonement and Brighton Rock? Thanks
hiya!
im doing blake, handmaids tale, and kite runner. my paper 1 was othello, keats, and death of a salesman- i knew repuattion was gonna come up because it hadnt before but i chose the women question. for THT they havent (i dont think) done anything on Offred, Luke, the aunts, class or identity. im not sure about kite runner because its not my favourite text (lowkey so predictable and unsatisfactory with the ending) but for blake i think revising nature, society, poverty and children is good for just an overview of any questions that could come up.

hoping the unseen is prose though!!!!
also, i recommend using physics and maths tutor website if people havent already, i know theyve got streetcar and THT, maybe gatsby too, but its really useful for key themes and characters!
Reply 30
Original post by mollyellabrad
hiya!
im doing blake, handmaids tale, and kite runner. my paper 1 was othello, keats, and death of a salesman- i knew repuattion was gonna come up because it hadnt before but i chose the women question. for THT they havent (i dont think) done anything on Offred, Luke, the aunts, class or identity. im not sure about kite runner because its not my favourite text (lowkey so predictable and unsatisfactory with the ending) but for blake i think revising nature, society, poverty and children is good for just an overview of any questions that could come up.

Yes I thought something either directly relating to Offred as a character could come up for THT or about the Aunts and how women can be oppressors maybe, I thought something on nature could come up for Blake as it hasn’t come up yet and its quite a key theme!
Yes I thought something either directly relating to Offred as a character could come up for THT or about the Aunts and how women can be oppressors maybe, I thought something on nature could come up for Blake as it hasn’t come up yet and its quite a key theme!

im honestly surprised it hasn' come up given its so central to his poetry. do you do KR too?
hiya!

if nature does come up, what poems do we talk about? I'm more confident on the oppressive side of Blake
Original post by annqbellex
if nature does come up, what poems do we talk about? I'm more confident on the oppressive side of Blake

the echoing green is a MUST, the schoolboy, the lamb, the garden of love, nurses song.

theyre just the poems im most familiar with in terms of nature, though there are others like my pretty rose tree.
the echoing green is a MUST, the schoolboy, the lamb, the garden of love, nurses song.

theyre just the poems im most familiar with in terms of nature, though there are others like my pretty rose tree.

oh okay thanks! so mainly poems in innocence, then garden of love and (maybe london?) to contrast it
Reply 35
im honestly surprised it hasn' come up given its so central to his poetry. do you do KR too?

No I do Harvest which is like the worst
can someone please help me on how to write the unseen crime extract answers. We have m never properly been taught how to write these. what exactly do i include in these essays?
Reply 37
Original post by hshshsbshshshshh
can someone please help me on how to write the unseen crime extract answers. We have m never properly been taught how to write these. what exactly do i include in these essays?

Like fr tho. I find it so tricky and confusing too😭💔I just know that you have to ensure that you include crime elements that are present within the extract and explain how it's significant using authorial methods etc....
good luck this morning!! we are all going to be fine it’s just such a long paper 😭
Good luck today guys :smile: Hope it goes well!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending