The Student Room Group

AQA A-Level English Literature B Paper 2 (7716/2) - 8th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

the extract for social and political protest was on ALIENS 😭😭 horrible extract but section b and c questions were decent
Original post by annqbellex
the extract for social and political protest was on ALIENS 😭😭 horrible extract but section b and c questions were decent

OH MY GOD I ACTUALLY WAFFLED SO MUCH ON THAT EXTRACT 😭 It was so cringe their dialogue was so silly. It was definitely the weakest stuff I wrote for that paper. I struggled a little bit to find points.

The other essays were quite nice though
Reply 42
Original post by ashtonswh0re
OH MY GOD I ACTUALLY WAFFLED SO MUCH ON THAT EXTRACT 😭 It was so cringe their dialogue was so silly. It was definitely the weakest stuff I wrote for that paper. I struggled a little bit to find points.

The other essays were quite nice though

Oh god on that extract I was just writing whatever came to mind, i think i did okay in it, i thought section B handmaids tale was BEAUTIFUL and so was Sec C which i did Resistance and applied it to Blake and Harvest. I did way better on that paper i thank than paper 1 :smile:
Reply 43
crime was beautiful
Original post by fsutton111
crime was beautiful

That unseen was bad!! What did you put? I did the poetry section b which was good but had to do atonement and Oliver Twist for the death question, bit of a flop. 2019 u needed 60 for an A* idk what it’ll be like this year
Reply 45

mhmm that alients extract was waffable i think - what did you talk about ?
icl section B werent the greatest but I saw blake and will forever do him for section B
the bullying one was weird tho i can't lie - i did resistence mhm
Reply 46
Original post by spygirl123
icl section B werent the greatest but I saw blake and will forever do him for section B

Hey! I also done this.
For the aliens I done one para on the fear of the soldiers, one on the alien being rebellious and one about gender roles
i done the kite runner for part b but the blake option did look good too.
I also done resistance and bullying was only applicable to one of my texts
Reply 47
Original post by eve313
Hey! I also done this.
For the aliens I done one para on the fear of the soldiers, one on the alien being rebellious and one about gender roles
i done the kite runner for part b but the blake option did look good too.
I also done resistance and bullying was only applicable to one of my texts

you really can’t do anything for bullying! i did the blake question and resistance for the handmaids tale and kite runner. it’s not even bullying in them texts it’s literal rape and abuse?? aqa honestly WILDING this year especially with that godawful extract.

i just spoke about fear, the power dynamics, possible social reform and the irony. so strange!!
Reply 48
Original post by mollyellab
you really can’t do anything for bullying! i did the blake question and resistance for the handmaids tale and kite runner. it’s not even bullying in them texts it’s literal rape and abuse?? aqa honestly WILDING this year especially with that godawful extract.

i just spoke about fear, the power dynamics, possible social reform and the irony. so strange!!

mhm Bully was weird but essentially if you define bullying as someone who abuses their power against someone who doesnt have any then thats your essay basically ygm ? but resistence was easier to understand
the extract - ugh i was hoping for a poem icl but honestly it could have been worse, at least Ayedola was intresting hahaah
Reply 49
i did the question on bullying for kite runner and the handmaids tale. i talked about how assef bullied hassan when he raped him and how this was mirrored when he sexualises sohrab. i also talked about how the soldier bullied hassan about his mother at the beginning and i just got loads of context in about him being a hazara and role of women in society and importance of reputation. for handmaids tale i talked about the chapter where janine was being blamed for her rape. overall i think it was quite an easy question but people just overlooked it
Reply 50
mhm Bully was weird but essentially if you define bullying as someone who abuses their power against someone who doesnt have any then thats your essay basically ygm ? but resistence was easier to understand
the extract - ugh i was hoping for a poem icl but honestly it could have been worse, at least Ayedola was intresting hahaah

For me the part A was better than I expected, I was so scared I wouldn’t understand the message of it 😂 I interpreted it from a feminist lens
I was so so happy with part C and B, the B especially. Was so hoping for violence or setting I got so lucky.
I feel reassured now after how badly my Paper 1 went 🙈

I talked abt power dynamics, racism to aliens or smt 😭 I honestly was done w it
Reply 52
I talked abt power dynamics, racism to aliens or smt 😭 I honestly was done w it

Same i thought it was something to do with race and immigration 🤷*♀️
Reply 53

When the alien turned into Karl Marx I had to fight not to start laughing. Other than that I think the extract was ok, I waffled about how the alien represented change and how it is inevitable and also that the president not being able to enact marxism shows corruption. It was such a weird unseen extract
Original post by dian25375
Same i thought it was something to do with race and immigration 🤷*♀️

Yeah and it turned into like Karl Marx like I didn't rlly know what it meant apart from smt to do with social class
Reply 55
I hope they are lenient as it seems it was so odd everyone got different things ( for the aliens unseen)
I did speak a bit about how the president looses his power in language after the reveal then in the ending how the technology was the author urging marxism in the modern sphere?
then a bit about identity/gender which I'm sure was all waffle lol
I also laughed at the real of Karl Marx wtf
for sec b I did a dolls house and sec c I did resistance with kite runner and Harrison - thought the c was a lot better than my comedy paper c's
Reply 56
Original post by Cipher617
When the alien turned into Karl Marx I had to fight not to start laughing. Other than that I think the extract was ok, I waffled about how the alien represented change and how it is inevitable and also that the president not being able to enact marxism shows corruption. It was such a weird unseen extract

Yes i did about the corruption part as well with the marxism thing and also wrote about the way Adoyele represented change that the President didn’t want or something.
Reply 57
Original post by hannah9982
That unseen was bad!! What did you put? I did the poetry section b which was good but had to do atonement and Oliver Twist for the death question, bit of a flop. 2019 u needed 60 for an A* idk what it’ll be like this year

I talked about the nuance of the relatively successful police subverting our expectations, the psychological impact of crime despite its past but focussed mainly on the allusions to nialls guilt and the duplicity of how his words and actions can be interpreted
Reply 58
I honestly thought that paper was as good as the first one. If you’re someone who likes science fiction (like me) then it was a great unseen and all the questions for my texts (handmaids, kite and Blake) were good. The only thing I struggled with was time because there was a fly in the room and I got distracted by it for a considerable amount of time.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 59
Original post by fsutton111
I talked about the nuance of the relatively successful police subverting our expectations, the psychological impact of crime despite its past but focussed mainly on the allusions to nialls guilt and the duplicity of how his words and actions can be interpreted

i said very similar things - impacts of crime on niall but the hints that he was the murderer, and then social media as a detective role and the competence of the police in their questioning of niall

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending