The Student Room Group

AQA A-Level English Literature B Paper 2 (7716/2) - 8th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by fsutton111
crime was beautiful

Yeah I'd say it was an ideal paper, but I was so thrown off that both my options for the single texts were on specific characters, and both victim questions - so odd! Which comparison did you do?
Original post by smirfy
Yeah I'd say it was an ideal paper, but I was so thrown off that both my options for the single texts were on specific characters, and both victim questions - so odd! Which comparison did you do?

The atonement and BR section B Qs HURT ME!! The extract Q was pretty great to be honest. I compared Atonement and BR in section C, then did poems in Section B despite having not done any poem section B prep :/// Think I redeemed myself after a meh paper 1. Fingers crossed for August 17!!
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by spygirl123
mhmm that alients extract was waffable i think - what did you talk about ?
icl section B werent the greatest but I saw blake and will forever do him for section B
the bullying one was weird tho i can't lie - i did resistence mhm

What were the sections Bs?
Original post by mollyellabrad
hiya!
im doing blake, handmaids tale, and kite runner. my paper 1 was othello, keats, and death of a salesman- i knew repuattion was gonna come up because it hadnt before but i chose the women question. for THT they havent (i dont think) done anything on Offred, Luke, the aunts, class or identity. im not sure about kite runner because its not my favourite text (lowkey so predictable and unsatisfactory with the ending) but for blake i think revising nature, society, poverty and children is good for just an overview of any questions that could come up.

hoping the unseen is prose though!!!!

what was the questions on reputation or women?
Original post by laurenhaywood
what was the questions on reputation or women?
the repution question was : the significance of repution in othello
the women question was smth like : in othello females are tragic victims to male power ( someone correct me if im wrong)
hope this was useful ! :smile:
Original post by skybright
No way, we do the exact same texts! My teacher reckons an individual character question for TKR & poetry for the unseen, but was uncertain for the rest, as each year has been pretty evenly spread. I'd say assess your strengths (specifically S&P themes vs characters) & try to pinpoint chapters to flip to for each. At least, that's what we've been advised to do haha. Just curious, what texts did you do for Paper 1? We did aspects of tragedy, so King Lear, Tess of the D'Urbervilles & Death of a Salesman. Just wondering if we do the same for everything lol
Omg I do exactly all the same texts as you!!! My teacher thinks that for KL the question might be about aspects of comedy (which I'd hate lmao). How do you revise for the paper? I've been doing flashcards for the quotes but I feel like I should be doing more.
Reply 66
Original post by smirfy
Hi there, please can you advise me on what questions came up in section B and C asap? thank you!!
Original post by 04MR17

AQA A-Level English Literature B Paper 2 (7716/2, 7716/2A, 7716/2B) - 8th June [Exam Chat]
Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.
Wishing you all the best of luck. :yy:
General Information
Date/Time: 8th June (morning)
Length: 3 hr
Resources Exam board website

Currently revising Unseen crime. I do Atonement and crime poetry. Does anyone have tips on how to answer the unseen crime question??? pls help
Original post by Yumis151
Hi, anyone know what the section b questions were last year for Rime, Atonement and Brighton Rock? Thanks

did you get them ??
Does anyone have any predictions for what the 2024 English lit B paper 2 might be? I'm doing kite runner, Doll's house and poetry: Blake.
Original post by amy_0001
Hi, I'm doing A Streetcar Named Desire, The Handmaid's Tale and Skirrid Hill. Anyone doing the same have any predictions for the questions tomorrow?!

hi, what questions did you get i’m trying to predict this years? thank you x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending