The Student Room Group

Left on delivered by guy who seemed to be interested in me

So i had been talking to this guy for a while who was 20(i am 17) and all seemed to be going well so we decided to meetup on thursday and go back to his house,but when we got back to his house he suddenly decided that he no longer wanted to hookup with me until i was 18 which i understand.So I end up going home where I text him and have yet to hear a response so now i am worried that maybe he just thought i was ugly and used the age gap reasoning to avoid having to say that to me
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
So i had been talking to this guy for a while who was 20(i am 17) and all seemed to be going well so we decided to meetup on thursday and go back to his house,but when we got back to his house he suddenly decided that he no longer wanted to hookup with me until i was 18 which i understand.So I end up going home where I text him and have yet to hear a response so now i am worried that maybe he just thought i was ugly and used the age gap reasoning to avoid having to say that to me

He's too old for you, don't let people like him play with your feelings and make you insecure. But also you seem to know that the age gap is an issue, protect yourself and wait for someone who you feel confident and comfortable with.
He's told you the reason, so take it as that and don't interpret any further. While the age of sexual consent is generally 16 he might have hang ups and prefer 18+ to satisfy himself that it is all ok without bad feeling on either side in the future or comeback. He may have been going along with a fantasy and then when it got to it didn't feel good about dong it with someone younger under 18. Could be anything but take it for what it is. If you weren't in some way attractive I doubt he would have agreed to date in the first place.
hello @anonymous
Please let me reassure you of a few things that will aloow you to hopefully rest your mind.

First of all, what is for you will never pass you. So, if he hasnt replied, its a blessing in disguise!! The universe knows this person wasnt the person for you and he wasnt in allignment with your higher self :smile: - Therefore, he was removed to make the way for more positive people who align with your values and morals.

Also, people behave in life as a REFLECTION of THEM. His behaviour is a reflection of his past experiences and his issues, not you.

When people have behaved with me like this in the past, I put up firm BOUNDARIES. I dont let them back in and I thank the univerise for removing this person from my life because it was only bringing me sadness. Why would I want to be sad?
Open up your heart to yourself.

its easy to start beating ourselves up with 'what it could have been' but thats the logical mind controlling us through fear. There is nothing to fear in this situation. Its a blessing. Meditate on your higher self and what you deserve.
It might be worth sitting down and writing down your morals and values in relationships and then keeping it on you and if someone doesnt live up to what is on that list - you know they arent for you because they dont allign with you.

For example, my list includes:
Clear, honest and loving communication.
Respect.
Consideration.
Affection
Vulnerability
etc....

So if someone in my life doesnt match up to this, I gently let them go with clear, honest communication that is compassionate, because I know the level of respect i deserve as a human :smile:.

People who arent meant for you will FLOW smoothly into your life. They dont cause stress. Remember, what you resist, persists! And if this man is resisting this relationship, its more than likely that you will never get what you deserve because his behaviour will persist.

Personally, I would prefer someone to remove me from their lives rather than continue to mess me about. That will only bring you long term sadness. Think higher of yourself! Life is not only about love for others but ultimately love and compassion for yourself :smile:

Sending all the positive love and light!

- Laura
Original post by Anonymous

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending