The Student Room Group

best way to write business alevel notes?

I’ve found flashcards don’t really work for me, since I find it hard to link things together / write the info in essay format. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
Original post by Chickenstatue
I’ve found flashcards don’t really work for me, since I find it hard to link things together / write the info in essay format. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

I use mindmaps and diagrams.
With some illustrations, I would group a bunch of items together in one picture, each item representing one factor.

Otherise, I would use essay plans and try to think through an answer that I would write based on the exam question that I get.
What I sometimes find useful when planning out essay answers is to list things in a corner of what I am about to write about and see if I can link them together (don't spend more than 5 minutes on this though).

When it comes to writing essays, I tend to be a bit formulaic to save time thinking (it's not about the art fom as much as the content, so long it's clear; you're not writing for a Pulitzer Prize here).
Introduction: definitions, what is the context, what are the main factors, and what you're going to say
Point 1-8: state the point, point out the evidence, analyse the situation, state any criticisms that you have, move onto the next point (signposting if necessary)
Conclusion: based on discussion above and how you come to the end of your essay, how do you weigh things up? why? how does this apply to the context?
Include diagrams where necessary. Answer according to how you would act if you were manager/director/owner
The above works well for long 25+ mark essats

For 5-10 mark answers, I would focus on the specifc detail the question is asking me. These are usually 1-2 paragraph answers, and they are usually not looking for a novel.

Quick Reply

Latest