The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Changing course - can I still get a year abroad?

Hi,
I'm currently at the end of year 1 studying Engineering (3 years course length)and am trying to change to computer science next year. I will most likely start year 1 again. The course length is 3 years. The government funding for the loan covers four years of university from what I have heard and I was wondering if I changed course technically I would only have 3 years of this funding left, so could I still do a year abroad? Or would I have to pay my last year of tuition fees myself?
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by nyamuri
Hi,
I'm currently at the end of year 1 studying Engineering (3 years course length)and am trying to change to computer science next year. I will most likely start year 1 again. The course length is 3 years. The government funding for the loan covers four years of university from what I have heard and I was wondering if I changed course technically I would only have 3 years of this funding left, so could I still do a year abroad? Or would I have to pay my last year of tuition fees myself?

Hi,

I think the best thing to do would be to contact [email protected] with your query as they will have dealt with similar circumstances. Alternatively, your current (or new) department will also be able to help!

Hazel :smile:
University of York
York

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending