The Student Room Group

Can I enter uni without GCSE but with a foundation year

Hi guys, so... it's kind of a complicated story but when I was in year 10 I studied in a British school and in year 11 I moved to Portugal. So this year I moved to England and I was planning on doing my GCSE exams maths and English in November, but I ended up entering a foundation year in art and design ( with no A levels or BTEC), so I will be having my IELTS exams in December and will be applying for uni in Jan. Now... do u think that I really have to write my GCSE exams to enter uni or I will only need my foundation year grades
I would contact the uni to see if you can use your foundation year instead of your gcse but I don’t think you can unless it’s a similar course at the same university. I suggest doing your gcse English and maths tho because most things require these two.
Reply 2
Original post by PetitePanda
I would contact the uni to see if you can use your foundation year instead of your gcse but I don’t think you can unless it’s a similar course at the same university. I suggest doing your gcse English and maths tho because most things require these two.

well it wouldn't be in the same uni but I am doing a foundation year in art and design and I would be applying for a BA undergraduate illustration course. I checked the unis website and it says that the entry requirements include GCSE maths and English or foundation year art and design but I am so scared of getting there and hear them say that I need GCSES
Original post by lonbueno
well it wouldn't be in the same uni but I am doing a foundation year in art and design and I would be applying for a BA undergraduate illustration course. I checked the unis website and it says that the entry requirements include GCSE maths and English or foundation year art and design but I am so scared of getting there and hear them say that I need GCSES

Ohhh i think you’ll be able to it’s just that you’re scared is the main problem and you need reassurance. A easy solution to it would be emailing or phoning the uni about any enquires so you know definitely from the uni you won’t or will be able to.
Reply 4
Original post by PetitePanda
Ohhh i think you’ll be able to it’s just that you’re scared is the main problem and you need reassurance. A easy solution to it would be emailing or phoning the uni about any enquires so you know definitely from the uni you won’t or will be able to.

ok. thank you so much for helping!!
No problem :smile:
Reply 6
Hi i just to Ask i will do my English and maths GCSE in may 2024 and I will do the Ielts in summer but I will ask can I to uni without out science GCSE and star Foundation year if that’s ok

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending