The Student Room Group

HELP unit 1 access to HE with stonebridge

Hi allCan any one give me a bit of guidance or an exampleIm stuck on unit 1 assignment i have my feedback which states i have listed all sources of financial support however i need to also list a minimum of four costs related to my studies. Im completley at a blank (im blamining my baby brain)The question is:Write a list of questions about the costs of HE study and the possible sources of financial support that you should ask each university/college that you are considering for your HE studies.Your list of questions must include a minimum of 4 costs that relate to study at university.Your list of questions must also include a minimum of 4 sources of financial support.any help would be very much appreciated.
hi
the materials that are needed?
Original post by tiniwini24
Hi allCan any one give me a bit of guidance or an exampleIm stuck on unit 1 assignment i have my feedback which states i have listed all sources of financial support however i need to also list a minimum of four costs related to my studies. Im completley at a blank (im blamining my baby brain)The question is:Write a list of questions about the costs of HE study and the possible sources of financial support that you should ask each university/college that you are considering for your HE studies.Your list of questions must include a minimum of 4 costs that relate to study at university.Your list of questions must also include a minimum of 4 sources of financial support.any help would be very much appreciated.

Hi, it's different types of cost. So one type of cost will be tuition fee, another is accommodation, another is course materials (books, laptop, etc), and childcare costs if applicable to you, there are few others. So base your questions around those. I think we may have the same assessor as I did get exactly the same feedback.
Reply 3
Original post by gemgirl23
Hi, it's different types of cost. So one type of cost will be tuition fee, another is accommodation, another is course materials (books, laptop, etc), and childcare costs if applicable to you, there are few others. So base your questions around those. I think we may have the same assessor as I did get exactly the same feedback.

ok brill thank you, how are you finding the course so far
ok brill thank you, how are you finding the course so far

Not going to lie but I'm struggling a little bit as I have been out of education for 12 years. I'm hoping I'll get used to the amount of writing needed. I have read people who struggled with it but still finished it, so it's still possible. Just have to put more effort and hard work.
Reply 5
Same here, I left school in 2005 so it’s been difficult so far putting what I want to say into words. I’m sure we will both be fine and complete it :smile:
Reply 6
Hi, I don't know what course you are doing, but i (thankfully) am so close to the finish line. a top tip for you - if you have a unit called Study Skills Portfolio Building, start looking into it now and keep it in mind when you are completing other units......its a non graded unit which is near the end of my course and to be honest, a complete ball ache of a unit!
Make sure you answer just what the question is asking and try not to over think the question!
good luck x
Original post by 26maris
Hi, I don't know what course you are doing, but i (thankfully) am so close to the finish line. a top tip for you - if you have a unit called Study Skills Portfolio Building, start looking into it now and keep it in mind when you are completing other units......its a non graded unit which is near the end of my course and to be honest, a complete ball ache of a unit!
Make sure you answer just what the question is asking and try not to over think the question!
good luck x

Hi, thank you for the heads up :smile: Yes I do have that unit for Access to Nursing. Also, how long did it take you to finish the course and how much study time did you allocate per week? Thanks
Reply 8
ive still got 2 units to complete but started in August. I think I could have had it finished now if I didn't take a month off at Christmas!! I found first couple of units quite tough as its been years since i have studied and also i found the whole content boring! I enjoyed doing the units that are relevant to the course and found these easy to read and write about! I went though stages of studying loads (approx 4-6 hours a day) to some days and weekends, doing absolutely nothing. It has also helped me being ahead too - I have units sitting waiting marking - if you can get ahead that will help! don't wait for the assessors to mark your work before you start on the next one....and 100% keep an eye on Study Skills Portfolio Building - they ask for things that "you would have done" throughout your course......
Get on a whatsapp/text group with people doing the same course as you as possible - you'll get so much support from others on your group compared to the support you'll get with stonebridge!
Original post by 26maris
ive still got 2 units to complete but started in August. I think I could have had it finished now if I didn't take a month off at Christmas!! I found first couple of units quite tough as its been years since i have studied and also i found the whole content boring! I enjoyed doing the units that are relevant to the course and found these easy to read and write about! I went though stages of studying loads (approx 4-6 hours a day) to some days and weekends, doing absolutely nothing. It has also helped me being ahead too - I have units sitting waiting marking - if you can get ahead that will help! don't wait for the assessors to mark your work before you start on the next one....and 100% keep an eye on Study Skills Portfolio Building - they ask for things that "you would have done" throughout your course......
Get on a whatsapp/text group with people doing the same course as you as possible - you'll get so much support from others on your group compared to the support you'll get with stonebridge!

Thank you so much! Those are really good tips, although 4-6 hours a day (well done you!) will be impossible for me. I work full time and have kids so can probably squeeze in max of 3 hours a day and more on weekends. And yes the first two units are a bit dry and really struggled with it (still waiting for unit 2 to be marked). Congratulations to you, almost there. :smile:
Reply 10
i am a bit of a night owl so managed to work easier then! does catch up with me though! if you are FB, go on marketplace for books that you may need -the A level books i found so helpful for the psychology and sociology units - broke it down into idiot proof reading for me! and use https://www.mybib.com for your reference and bibliography ABSOLUTE LIFESAVER!
Reply 11
Thank you so much! Those are really good tips, although 4-6 hours a day (well done you!) will be impossible for me. I work full time and have kids so can probably squeeze in max of 3 hours a day and more on weekends. And yes the first two units are a bit dry and really struggled with it (still waiting for unit 2 to be marked). Congratulations to you, almost there. :smile:

I’m just on the last question of unit 2 omg it’s so dry and confusing 🙁. I’m lucky at the minute as I’m maternity leave however the last 2days my 4month old daughter has decided she hates sleep lol
Reply 12
Original post by 26maris

Thank you so much for the tips! Only 2 units to go? I bet you can’t wait to complete it
Reply 13
Thank you so much for the tips! Only 2 units to go? I bet you can’t wait to complete it

Desperate to finish mow - but lacking motivation!
Original post by 26maris
i am a bit of a night owl so managed to work easier then! does catch up with me though! if you are FB, go on marketplace for books that you may need -the A level books i found so helpful for the psychology and sociology units - broke it down into idiot proof reading for me! and use https://www.mybib.com for your reference and bibliography ABSOLUTE LIFESAVER!

Want to ask you one more thing please. Can you submit a first draft of your next assignment while waiting for your last assignment to be marked? Will they allow you to do that? Thanks
Want to ask you one more thing please. Can you submit a first draft of your next assignment while waiting for your last assignment to be marked? Will they allow you to do that?

That is a good question. I also study nursing with stonebridge as a mature student. I'm at unit 2 now. Did you try to email the tutor? Mine is very helpful and responded to my questions so far. I tend to believe that it's permited, but it's just an assumption. The process has been confusing for me, and still is to be honest.
Original post by 26maris

Would you please guide me to the watsup group? I am at unit 2 ready to submit and I would love to share my views with others. Many thanks for your posts, have been very helpful.
Reply 17
Original post by poshwizzard
Would you please guide me to the watsup group? I am at unit 2 ready to submit and I would love to share my views with others. Many thanks for your posts, have been very helpful.

hi, there isnt a specific whatsapp group, i just managed to find someone who was doing the same course as me and then we got talking to another person so there was only 4 of us. put a message out on here with what course you are doing and ask to join a group xx good luck with it all, keep an eye out on your timings as i noticed that i finished with 2 weeks left on deadline and other person handed last assignment in a week before the deadline.....and it made a difference in getting the results back! she has to wait 3 agonising weeks after mine!
Anyone studying access to HE psychology with Learn direct
Original post by megroselew11
Anyone studying access to HE psychology with Learn direct

Hi, I’m just starting studying psychology with learn direct. How did you get in, are you still studying?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending