The Student Room Group

GCSE sittings -if I sit GCSEs in 2 blocks will universities offer place?

I am home-educating and am in lower secondary. I would hope to go to uni after GCSEs and A levels. I know I could do more subjects and at better level if I split my subjects into 2 blocks for GCSE (well IGCSE as I'm not in a school). I had heard that universities might look less favourably on students who actually do just that -a set of GCSE results at eg age 14 and more GCSEs done at 16 even if A levels all tkaen together. . Has anyone had that experience? TIA
Reply 1
Original post by LizBy
I am home-educating and am in lower secondary. I would hope to go to uni after GCSEs and A levels. I know I could do more subjects and at better level if I split my subjects into 2 blocks for GCSE (well IGCSE as I'm not in a school). I had heard that universities might look less favourably on students who actually do just that -a set of GCSE results at eg age 14 and more GCSEs done at 16 even if A levels all tkaen together. . Has anyone had that experience? TIA

nope not true many schools do some GCSEs in Yr10 to spread them out w/ less pressure
Reply 2
Thank you so much
It's A-Levels that universities prefer you to sit all together. It doesn't matter for GCSEs.
It's extremely normal for home ed kids to spread out their GCSEs over several years.

Quick Reply

Latest