The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Accommodation at Loughborough

I've put Loughborough as my firm choice for studying architecture next year, and wondered if anyone had any thoughts about which accommodation to go for? I've looked online and at a few reviews of each of the halls but it would be really helpful if anyone could share any experiences/opinions of specific halls! (:
Original post by aabbiinn
I've put Loughborough as my firm choice for studying architecture next year, and wondered if anyone had any thoughts about which accommodation to go for? I've looked online and at a few reviews of each of the halls but it would be really helpful if anyone could share any experiences/opinions of specific halls! (:

Hi @aabbiinn

Great to hear you've put Loughborough as your firm choice!

My biggest piece of advice when applying for accommodation would be to keep an open mind. When I applied, I wanted en suite and self catered but when I got my offer for accommodation through I ended up with shared bathrooms and being catered and I've really enjoyed my time so far. I think the determining factor really is the people you meet and the friends you make as that's what makes your experience in halls.

I'd say accommodation in the Student Village is probably closest to where you'll need to go for architecture. I have a friend that does architecture and he seems to spend a lot of time on the west side of campus (nearer Holywell gym if you're looking at a map). There's a variety of halls to choose from and you can check them out on our Accommodation page.

I've found being catered is actually a really nice option as - especially in the first few weeks - you don't have to worry about going for a food shop and planning your meals. It's also a great opportunity to catch up with your friends at dinner after being away at lectures all day and I've found it really social.

In terms of social halls, most people usually recommend their own hall as within each hall there is a really strong community spirit so you can't really go wrong. My preference was to be in the Student Village as it was pretty central to everything and it has lots of halls next to each other so I thought it would be more social. Location was important to me as I wanted to be able to get to everything I needed. Although I would say no hall is that far away from anything and there's a shuttle bus that runs on campus that can get you from one end to the other quickly and is free!

I hope this was helpful and if you have any other questions just let us know :smile:

Jess
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 2
Original post by Loughborough Student Community
Hi @aabbiinn

Great to hear you've put Loughborough as your firm choice!

My biggest piece of advice when applying for accommodation would be to keep an open mind. When I applied, I wanted en suite and self catered but when I got my offer for accommodation through I ended up with shared bathrooms and being catered and I've really enjoyed my time so far. I think the determining factor really is the people you meet and the friends you make as that's what makes your experience in halls.

I'd say accommodation in the Student Village is probably closest to where you'll need to go for architecture. I have a friend that does architecture and he seems to spend a lot of time on the west side of campus (nearer Holywell gym if you're looking at a map). There's a variety of halls to choose from and you can check them out on our Accommodation page.

I've found being catered is actually a really nice option as - especially in the first few weeks - you don't have to worry about going for a food shop and planning your meals. It's also a great opportunity to catch up with your friends at dinner after being away at lectures all day and I've found it really social.

In terms of social halls, most people usually recommend their own hall as within each hall there is a really strong community spirit so you can't really go wrong. My preference was to be in the Student Village as it was pretty central to everything and it has lots of halls next to each other so I thought it would be more social. Location was important to me as I wanted to be able to get to everything I needed. Although I would say no hall is that far away from anything and there's a shuttle bus that runs on campus that can get you from one end to the other quickly and is free!

I hope this was helpful and if you have any other questions just let us know :smile:

Jess

thank you so much, this is really helpful! (:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending