The Student Room Group

ucas help

i currently am in my first year of college and i do applied science national dip which is equivalent to 2 a levels and psychology a level. i wanted to know if i have like 120+ tariff points, can i be accepted into any uni i apply to. just a bit lost now and not sure what to do now. really looking into biomed
Original post by gracedtb
i currently am in my first year of college and i do applied science national dip which is equivalent to 2 a levels and psychology a level. i wanted to know if i have like 120+ tariff points, can i be accepted into any uni i apply to. just a bit lost now and not sure what to do now. really looking into biomed

Hi

Ucas tariff points are calculated based upon the grades you get. I would strongly advise to look at ucas tariff table. There is a pdf which you can download just by searching ucas tariff table on google.
After you have done that and calculated your points, I would very strongly advise you to look at the undergraduate section and search for all of the courses you would wish to study at that uni and have a good look at the specific entry requirements for those courses.
Repeat this same thing over and over with all the unis you would wish to apply for and then you are likely to see a trend or a similarity in the entry requirements.
I know its time consuming but doing your own research is the best thing to do

Moreover, I'm sorry to say but you wont be able to apply to any uni such as ICL(imperial college london) and more as they dont generally accept btecs. However lots and lots and I mean there are top 10 or top 20 unis who do accept btec so dont feel disappointed.

Perform your best in A levels as you are unlikely to get this chance again.

All the best for your future exams!
Reply 2
Original post by Shubham9548
Hi

Ucas tariff points are calculated based upon the grades you get. I would strongly advise to look at ucas tariff table. There is a pdf which you can download just by searching ucas tariff table on google.
After you have done that and calculated your points, I would very strongly advise you to look at the undergraduate section and search for all of the courses you would wish to study at that uni and have a good look at the specific entry requirements for those courses.
Repeat this same thing over and over with all the unis you would wish to apply for and then you are likely to see a trend or a similarity in the entry requirements.
I know its time consuming but doing your own research is the best thing to do

Moreover, I'm sorry to say but you wont be able to apply to any uni such as ICL(imperial college london) and more as they dont generally accept btecs. However lots and lots and I mean there are top 10 or top 20 unis who do accept btec so dont feel disappointed.

Perform your best in A levels as you are unlikely to get this chance again.

All the best for your future exams!

yes thank you!! i have been looking and currently my grades add to to around 128 ucas tariff points so hopefully if i can up my DM to a DD in applied science it will be even higher. i’m not really looking to go to unis such as ICL tbh haha, but i have been putting in the work and will continue to. thank you so much for your advice :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending