The Student Room Group

Is there still chance

Hi, I got a 4 in math's (Doing an AS to make up for the grade and im currently predicted an A)
I got a 5-5 in science
6 in English language
7 In English literature
7 in Religious studies
6 In German
5 In History
and 4 in Drama..

I really would like to go to Warick or Kings College London to study Law but I'm fearful because of my GCSE grades as they are lower than the average successful applicant.. Is there still a chance.. I've also been practicing the LNAT and I'm doing quite well at the moment and above all I'm predicted all A's in my a levels Economics, psychology and Business studies and an EPQ
Reply 1
Original post by Uhhcallmerae
Hi, I got a 4 in math's (Doing an AS to make up for the grade and im currently predicted an A)
I got a 5-5 in science
6 in English language
7 In English literature
7 in Religious studies
6 In German
5 In History
and 4 in Drama..

I really would like to go to Warick or Kings College London to study Law but I'm fearful because of my GCSE grades as they are lower than the average successful applicant.. Is there still a chance.. I've also been practicing the LNAT and I'm doing quite well at the moment and above all I'm predicted all A's in my a levels Economics, psychology and Business studies and an EPQ

hiii, im doing gcse rn and let me tell you you're alr doing better than me:'). i read some threads bc i was scared i wont even pass, and what i understood is yes. obviously there will always be exceptions to anything anywhere which in this case is students with less of the top grades. you still have better than a llot of ppl, and if you are doing work to make up for it it should be fine as they can kinda see your work ethic if that makes sense. techincally pretty sure all you need is passes which you have so id say yeah. there is definitely a chance though, but might be hard depending what tmie you apply etc(like clearing). also idk if this applies to the ones you said, but ik my friend said smth once about how unis might pick ppl for statistics (e.g so they can have 50% girls and boys), so it might not necessarily be you if you dont get in, but im sure you can, and that may give you an advantage maybe you fall into a certain category? idk tho im only gcse and i didnt even understand how y exams work and stil kinda dont except for the fact that im ****ed. good luck with everything

Quick Reply

Latest