The Student Room Group

Didn't mention any language/structure/form in Macbeth Qa - Edexcel GCSE English Lit 1

I did my English Literature paper on Wednesday, and have now found out that we were supposed to analyse language and structure in the Macbeth Qa (the extract analysis). I did not! Instead, I focused on the methods of manipulation Lady Macbeth used, and how this presents her... Not once did I use any technique names or even focus on "the use of this [word/word type/sentence type]...". Am I doomed? Is it totally impossible for me to get a decent mark on that question for not mentioning language/structure/form?
Reply 1
Original post by greenthing
I did my English Literature paper on Wednesday, and have now found out that we were supposed to analyse language and structure in the Macbeth Qa (the extract analysis). I did not! Instead, I focused on the methods of manipulation Lady Macbeth used, and how this presents her... Not once did I use any technique names or even focus on "the use of this [word/word type/sentence type]...". Am I doomed? Is it totally impossible for me to get a decent mark on that question for not mentioning language/structure/form?

I think that's just AO2 so you'll still get marks for AO1 and AO3 so I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just make sure you do analyse language and structure in paper 2 because it's an average of the two papers grades.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending