The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

About 14 Northcourt Accommodation

I have been offered a room in 14 Northcourt, and found some 7-year-ago photos about poor indoor environment here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=60239097&postcount=17. I am hesitant to accept the offer as I couldn't be sure of a shower and other equipment. I would appreciate it if anyone who has lived there or still lives there would like to tell me more about it or share any recent photos of the rooms, bathrooms and kitchen.
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by GZhang116
I have been offered a room in 14 Northcourt, and found some 7-year-ago photos about poor indoor environment here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=60239097&postcount=17. I am hesitant to accept the offer as I couldn't be sure of a shower and other equipment. I would appreciate it if anyone who has lived there or still lives there would like to tell me more about it or share any recent photos of the rooms, bathrooms and kitchen.

Hey @GZhang116

Sorry that this has worried you - I totally get that this is not the nicest thing to see when you've been offered somewhere to live.
I haven't lived in that particular hall myself, but I have friends who have lived in Northcourt and have always had good things to say about it (although obviously, I'm not sure of the number) and all the other halls I've been into have been at a pretty high standard. I would be pretty certain that the halls team have worked on these issues since and rectified any complaints made, as this was a long time ago and they are very good at responding to issues quickly and efficiently.
The most recent virtual tour is the most up-to-date insight into what the halls look like currently, which I would suggest having a look at to have the best idea - you can view this here.

I do totally understand your concerns though, so if you are still worried, I would suggest maybe getting in contact with the accommodation team who will be able to answer any of your questions about the rooms the best. You can email them here : [email protected]

Hope this helps and if you have any other worries or questions, please let us know!!

Skye :smile:
3rd Year Speech and Language Therapy Student
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending