The Student Room Group

What subjects do I need to get A's in at Higher Level

The University I plan on (fingers crossed) applying to requires I have 5 A's at SQA Higher. But are these 5 specific subjects or any 5 - Other than English and History which I know I definately need
Original post by XIV14
The University I plan on (fingers crossed) applying to requires I have 5 A's at SQA Higher. But are these 5 specific subjects or any 5 - Other than English and History which I know I definately need

What does it say on their website?
Original post by XIV14

Hey @XIV14
Have a look on university websites and prospectus' as most will list the required subject. For History you usually need written based subjects plus additional Highers and National 5 maths. If you can't find the information on the university websites check out UCAS too as often the requirements are listed there and you can also contact universities directly if you have questions.

Where are you thinking of applying to?
I finished my undergrad studying History and Law in June and am currently on the History PGDE so happy to answer any questions you may have.

Catherine - University of Strathclyde Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending