The Student Room Group

GCSEs

heyy guyss HELP i sat a GCSE exam last week and on the 1st page of the paper instead of centre number i wrote my candidate but once i realised i crossed the numbers and then fixed it with my centre number...
im regretting as i did not ask any invigilator about that as i thought it would be fine because i made the centre number clear afterwards but still i regeret not asking any invigilators whether that was clear or not otherwise i would have asked for another paper im really freaking out now cuz that paper was really important for me and now i think that there might be problems now when examiners will be marking my paper what i think is:
1) they will think that i was lying
2) they will not mark my paper properly as they will think that I'm not a dedicated/good student and that i don't care about my grade
3) they will not mark my paper
HELP
PLZZZZZZ
Reply 1
hi, not a gcse student here (igcse) but examiners are taught to mark with minimal bias, so you don't need to worry about them not marking your paper wrongly or the examiner thinking you are't dedicated to your studies. correct me if i'm wrong, but as long as u made it clear which is your centre number and candidate number it should be fine. the examiner will mark your paper regardless but if you are really worried and it's affecting your performance you should ask your invigilator :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by enthjmk5e664
heyy guyss HELP i sat a GCSE exam last week and on the 1st page of the paper instead of centre number i wrote my candidate but once i realised i crossed the numbers and then fixed it with my centre number...
im regretting as i did not ask any invigilator about that as i thought it would be fine because i made the centre number clear afterwards but still i regeret not asking any invigilators whether that was clear or not otherwise i would have asked for another paper im really freaking out now cuz that paper was really important for me and now i think that there might be problems now when examiners will be marking my paper what i think is:
1) they will think that i was lying
2) they will not mark my paper properly as they will think that I'm not a dedicated/good student and that i don't care about my grade
3) they will not mark my paper
HELP
PLZZZZZZ

The invigilators have to put the papers in candidate order so they will check all the front cover is clear; don't worry :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest