The Student Room Group

Langley Grammar School

hi just wondering if anyone who goes Langley can tell me what the vibe is like ? Bc Ive got an offer but I’ve read on other forums that the internals are really unwelcoming to externals ans I’m low key scaref to go to the induction

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hey i know somebody who goes there and in terms of notes they are very harsh and strict however if ur worried about the people,my friend said the people are generally nice.
Original post by sara572729
hi just wondering if anyone who goes Langley can tell me what the vibe is like ? Bc Ive got an offer but I’ve read on other forums that the internals are really unwelcoming to externals ans I’m low key scaref to go to the induction

Hi when they gave you a offer what were your predicted grades like and how far did u live

My predicted rn are 6-7s and I live 30 minutes away, I’m really trying to go langely
Reply 3
Original post by Depressed44
Hi when they gave you a offer what were your predicted grades like and how far did u live

My predicted rn are 6-7s and I live 30 minutes away, I’m really trying to go langely

Hi Last year my predicteds were

6 nines
4 eights
1 seven

Exactly what I got in my GCSEs LMFAOO but swapped around but ngl it’s abt Ur statement bc they rejected like loads of people in my school who had like good grades and bad statement. I didn’t end up going though I stayed at my school. But good luck lmk if u get in :smile:)

6 nines
4 eights
1 seven

Exactly what I got in my GCSEs LMFAOO but swapped around but ngl it’s abt Ur statement bc they rejected like loads of people in my school who had like good grades and bad statement. I didn’t end up going though I stayed at my school. But good luck lmk if u get in :smile:)

Oh wow

Ur predicted graded were gud Icl

My ones rn are low hopefully I get in tho, do u think it’s possible for me to get in
Thank u tho
Reply 5
Oh wow

My ones rn are low hopefully I get in tho, do u think it’s possible for me to get in
Thank u tho

They won’t take any less then a score of 7.5
the conditional offer like she said is based on ur personal statement
Reply 6
Original post by sellos

I live very close to the skl and had a score of 7.5 so I was put into a waiting list but eventually I was given an offer bcs some students left last second so I hope you will get in but you will need higher grades so work hard 👍
Reply 7
Original post by sellos
Original post by sellos

I live very close to the skl and had a score of 7.5 so I was put into a waiting list but eventually I was given an offer bcs some students left last second so I hope you will get in but you will need higher grades so work hard 👍

Lolll I was one of the ones who left 😭😭😭 but congrats for getting in
Reply 8

Oh wow

Thank u tho

Maybe apply to other grammar schools in the area ?? Idk if u will get in .at my school they automatically predicted people who were getting 4’s and 5’s eights for sixth form application bc it was our schools standard loll. I hope u get in though :smile:
Reply 9

Thank you so muchh 😭😭 I mean I hope you’re happy in your school

6 nines
4 eights
1 seven

Is the personal statement the part on the application

idk what to write
Reply 11
Original post by sellos

Thank you so muchh 😭😭 I mean I hope you’re happy in your school

Yeah I’m okay at my current school. Wbu how is Langley
Reply 12

Is the personal statement the part on the application

idk what to write

Yes but it’s like questions it’s not even a lot to write there’s a character limit so dw
Yes but it’s like questions it’s not even a lot to write there’s a character limit so dw

U mind if I message u nd show what I’ve written
Reply 14

U mind if I message u nd show what I’ve written

yeah idm
Reply 15

no way i go to Langley! i joined sixth form as an external!!
Reply 16

its not all that bad but i gotta say that it isnt amazing and the teaching is p overrated to me its just a bunch of smart kids in a school with normal teachers, also comes with a fair warning: ik a level content is hard and you would want good teacher but if you already go to a state school, you would be predicted p high, right, beacuse you are so much more smarter than everyone else around you, if you go to a grammar school you would be one of the "average" kids and this can also threaten your grade since they are either as smart as you are or smarter, this really took a toll on my motivation in class, everyone is suddenly doing so much better than you and what was considered the best at your old school may not apply... pls think about this also depends on your subjects u can PM me if you have more questions!

also friends wise, i think the year 11s rn are p nice ngl, i had rocky start to year 12 but that could just be me!

(ps. the canteen food actually tastes realllyyyyyy good!!!! :tongue:)
Reply 17
also they have a really bad support system, the pastoral team is the worst!
Reply 18
Original post by eenie_49
its not all that bad but i gotta say that it isnt amazing and the teaching is p overrated to me its just a bunch of smart kids in a school with normal teachers, also comes with a fair warning: ik a level content is hard and you would want good teacher but if you already go to a state school, you would be predicted p high, right, beacuse you are so much more smarter than everyone else around you, if you go to a grammar school you would be one of the "average" kids and this can also threaten your grade since they are either as smart as you are or smarter, this really took a toll on my motivation in class, everyone is suddenly doing so much better than you and what was considered the best at your old school may not apply... pls think about this also depends on your subjects u can PM me if you have more questions!

also friends wise, i think the year 11s rn are p nice ngl, i had rocky start to year 12 but that could just be me!

(ps. the canteen food actually tastes realllyyyyyy good!!!! :tongue:)

That’s so trueee it was hard to adjust at first but you get used to it overtime and the expectations are very high
Reply 19
Original post by eenie_49
also they have a really bad support system, the pastoral team is the worst!

Hi my predicted grades are good but I’m not sure if I can achieve them

Do you know what grades the conditional offer will require me to have

Let’s say my predicted for maths is 8 and to do maths at Langley I need a 7

For me to get it will I need a 7in maths or 8

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending