The Student Room Group

What are the best Summer Activities best for UCAS Points?

Hi guys,
I'm wondering which activities to do in the summer after GCSEs in order to build up my personal statement for after A levels.

I know things like volunteering are good, and work experience, but courses like Lifeguarding are useless. Are there any worthwhile activities that are enjoyful that will go towards more UcAs points?

Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by Seb Zuk
Hi guys,
I'm wondering which activities to do in the summer after GCSEs in order to build up my personal statement for after A levels.

I know things like volunteering are good, and work experience, but courses like Lifeguarding are useless. Are there any worthwhile activities that are enjoyful that will go towards more UcAs points?

Thanks!

Have you looked at doing a LAMDA course? not sure how long they take though
Reply 2
Yes, but they don't seem to interest me, since I'm not into drama
Original post by Seb Zuk
Hi guys,

Thanks!

UCAS points are only awarded to level 3 equivalent education qualifications, such as A Levels or equivalent.
For example, A* is 56, A is 48, A is 40, B is 32, C is 24, D is 16, E is 8, U is 0
You will need to show evidence of your interest in your course: so read articles/ scientific journals/ do MOOCS…
Check if the course you want to do has entrance exams, such as the UCAT/BMAT/LNAT…
You could start preparing for those.
When I wrote my personal statement, the school gave me a 5 paragraph structure:
1. Why the course
2. Work experience
3. Responsibilities I have done (things I did in school, such as involvement in Pride Group)
4. Things I do outside school to balance mental health
5. Conclusion
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending